Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t think he’s happy with what he’s got hence why the rumours persist that we are after another CF but we may just not be able to get the one in we want.  That doesn’t mean he’s happy, just means he’s stuck with what we have.  It’s not a bad situation, just seems not totally what Gerrard wants if the rumours are true.

I think Gerrard won't be happy until he has changed a lot more of our squad. I did say I thought Gerrard was 'happy enough' with the strikers. He would clearly like upgrades but he is realistic too with regard to players in / out and what is achievable in each window imo

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think Gerrard won't be happy until he has changed a lot more of our squad. I did say I thought Gerrard was 'happy enough' with the strikers. He would clearly like upgrades but he is realistic too with regard to players in / out and what is achievable in each window imo

We don’t know that, I don’t mean he’s not realistic but I think he knows the pressure on him from many quarters, he has his own ambitions and he’ll want to impress everybody.  

I think he will have expected more by now because he knows this is a huge season for him to show his abilities and he’ll have wanted more of the squad to be his own.  

Of course he’ll have appreciated the business we did in January and early this window but he’s talked about the new CM a couple of times now and rumours on a new CF even started back in January.  

I think he might be a tad disappointed more couldn’t have been done if we go with what we’ve got.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

We don’t know that, I don’t mean he’s not realistic but I think he knows the pressure on him from many quarters, he has his own ambitions and he’ll want to impress everybody.  

I think he will have expected more by now because he knows this is a huge season for him to show his abilities and he’ll have wanted more of the squad to be his own.  

Of course he’ll have appreciated the business we did in January and early this window but he’s talked about the new CM a couple of times now and rumours on a new CF even started back in January.  

I think he might be a tad disappointed more couldn’t have been done if we go with what we’ve got.

I was doing an annual review with a guy one year and the subject of salary came up and I explained the increase he was getting and the logic behind it. At the end of the review I asked him if he was happy with his pay rise (which was a very healthy one). His response was 'Everyone would be happier if they got a pay rise 50% more than they actually got, but that, yes he was happy with it. I think the same applies to managers and the transfer window. I don't think any manager will say they are completely happy with their transfer window and that they are disappointed that they didn't get that one extra signing they wanted.

1 hour ago, burchy said:

Sign Luiz to a new contract, get Diaby (13 goals, 12 assists) and Schick (24 goals, 3 assists) from Leverkuesen, problem sorted 😄

Is diaby a centre forward or wide forward? Exceptional player however, Gerrard does want a number 8 but the two things here which im not clear on is this

1. how colossal is the signing of this number 8 going to be ?

2. who is in danger of losing their place, albeit with the extra subs and rotation its going to be a bit different and as someone said it will be more a case of who makes the starting 16 rather than the starting XI ? 

Yeah its all good bringing through youth and getting the best young stars but if we are going to lose them just before they start to make an impact and showcase their talent whats the bloody point!  

8 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I was doing an annual review with a guy one year and the subject of salary came up and I explained the increase he was getting and the logic behind it. At the end of the review I asked him if he was happy with his pay rise (which was a very healthy one). His response was 'Everyone would be happier if they got a pay rise 50% more than they actually got, but that, yes he was happy with it. I think the same applies to managers and the transfer window. I don't think any manager will say they are completely happy with their transfer window and that they are disappointed that they didn't get that one extra signing they wanted.

I think you could say the same about us fans in that respect as well, even if we signed two more quality players today, with 27 days left of the window, I'm sure there'd be plenty of us begging for one more before it... Slams Shut

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Called Leon Bailey isn't he? Traore could also do that if he wasn't on the naughty step but you never know, lack of offers and he might still be re-integrated into first team squad at later date.

I think if bailey is fit and firing , him and coutinho playing just off the main forward can be somewhat frightening and devastating for any opposition and i would have no concerns about our attack … not forgetting buendia who works hard not naturally as gifted as phillipe but can contribute greatly, hope we dont stop the progression shown by JJ either … and we all know how i feel about mcginn but anyhow we keep going until we get it right 

11 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I was going to write an analogy back but we both know each other’s points by now.  It is what is, hopefully our transfer business isn’t over but if it is, it is, so we carry on.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah I think Sanson has always been 8.

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I thought we may see Doug get 8, not Sanson. Was Sanson always 8?

Nope, Sanson was number 25 when he signed. He got given 8 last summer when everyone was saying he was shit and nailed on to leave.

Edited by a m ole
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I thought we may see Doug get 8, not Sanson. Was Sanson always 8?

Sanson moved to 8 last summer after joining as 25. 

EDIT: And yes, he's still a sexy beast. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, useless said:

Is there not a thread for discussing where we should be finishing this is the transfer thread Percy has said we're still in for a 'No.8' and possibly a striker, which is as close to as confirmation as we will get.

Can you please say something about squad numbers. And by the way, we already have an 8. It's Morgan Sanson.

Just now, sne said:

He had 8 at both Marseille and Montpellier

A lot of players nail their colours to the mast of a number now with their social media tags. Sanson's is Morgan_Sanson8 and similarly Kamara's is Bouba_Kamara4 hence why he's chosen 44 here because Konsa already has 4. 

• Like 1