Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

There actually isnt anyone out there for central midfield ive scoured all the leagues and the one match who is more realistic if we met on price would be Atletico Madrid’s Rodrígo De Paul (28) who on transfmkt is worth £36m… Housem Auoar shows too many similarities of morgan sanson so no to that fella and Fabian Ruiz (Napoli) is way out of our league but he would be a excellent match.

We need that next statement of intent signing and on that basis i can understand if we dont secure that position because there isn’t really one out there. 

if we can then we should spend 40 mill on that type of player as it would boost us tremendously 

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If they are spending that on Cucurella then they are stupid.

That midfield you list has two academy players, a top rated free transfer who would have easily cost 30m plus if a fee had to be paid.

Then we have a top clubs youth player now fully established and someone we got for a bargain in the championship.

The other two are fodder that the club would no doubt like to sell.

A better metric would be what would the first four in your list cost if they all had a standard 3 year contract, I would suggest right now well in excess of 100m.

Yeah im aware there academy players but put free there anyway as stating the obvious 

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If they are spending that on Cucurella then they are stupid.

That midfield you list has two academy players, a top rated free transfer who would have easily cost 30m plus if a fee had to be paid.

Then we have a top clubs youth player now fully established and someone we got for a bargain in the championship.

The other two are fodder that the club would no doubt like to sell.

A better metric would be what would the first four in your list cost if they all had a standard 3 year contract, I would suggest right now well in excess of 100m.

My point was merely to look at how insane chelsea are regarding their transfers and how they are throwing money away

Just now, RicRic said:

My point was merely to look at how insane chelsea are regarding their transfers and how they are throwing money away

Fair enough

The step up from the step we are trying to take up now is basically to be a top 10 club in the world and the players cost accordingly. trying to finish 8th - 6th every year is a totally different ball game.

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

If they are spending that on Cucurella then they are stupid

I think he’s absolutely worth the money, but I’m surprised they have gone for him when they have Chilwell. Thought City were nailed on for him.

8 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Huh?! In four seasons of top tier football at leipzig he had the following goal to game ratios:-

1:1.48;

1:2.46;

1:1.88 and

1:1.21

That's better than 1 goal every 2 games in 3 out of 4 seasons. He also averages 1:2 for Germany.  Scott Hogan had a purple patch for half a season in the Championship. Hardly compable. 

To be fair to @Zatman, he said in tournaments fro Germany which is true. He has struggled at tournaments for them. It's easy enough have a 1 in 2 ratio for Germany when playing the likes of San Marino and Liechtenstein in qualifying competitions. The system at Leipzig coupled with the Bundesliga philosophy of playing a high defensive line (everyone does it - even the teams threatened by relegation) suited him a lot. Saying that his finishing has fallen off a cliff since leaving Leipzig. However, I do remember having a chat with some friends over here around the time he was moving to Chelsea, and their thoughts were along the lines of "50 million for him is a joke".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I think he’s absolutely worth the money, but I’m surprised they have gone for him when they have Chilwell. Thought City were nailed on for him.

Alonso wants out so they'll only have one player for that position if he leaves, which I assume is pretty certain if they're going for Cucurella. Also I think that Cucurella is better than Chilwell.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

60 million for one season of proof is insane. That is probably the highest fee ever paid for a fullback 

54 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I see Everton are linked with taking Geuye back. I know people want Sangare but do you think a two year contract for Geuye and then using him properly would be worth looking at?

Maybe. Would he come?

as per Gerrards presser (paraphrased):

"still 3 and a half weeks to go in the window, we will try and do a little more shaping, we will try to have an eye on ins and outs, and shaping our squad until the end of the window".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

think this is just tot trying to drum up interest as they are desperate to get rid

If and this is a big IF he were to really knuckle down then he'd be amazing for us. I just don't know if we could take that kind of risk as of now.

Just sign Sangare, the profile we need.

Sod Ndombele.

We don’t need a typical 8 unless we’re selling someone and can bring in a genuine upgrade.

We have McGinn (nailed on starter now), Jacob Ramsey, Luiz, Sanson and maybe Aaron Ramsey coming through for that position.

We need control and dominance in midfield. Composure, control and improved ball retention. Discipline.

We don’t need more “all out action” CMs that could continue to lose the ball easily…

Soldify midfield, let the attackers (including our South American number 10s) thrive…

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2