Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 hours ago, RicRic said:

And by this where do you expect us to finish out of curiosity? Lol

Top 10, maybe top 8.

We lost twice to Watford - 6 points right there, which would put us 9th (I know it doesn't work like that(, but we threw away so many points (Leeds, Wolves, Burnley, Palace, Brentford) - I think the team is almost there. 

Carlos and Kamara are huge signings, and improve our defensive capability massively.
Ramsey is another year on, and with Kamara, we won't have our midfield flogged to death.

Digne for a full season instead of Targett; Coutinho with a full pre-season, alongside Buendia, a fully fit Bailey. 
Plus the youngsters like Iroebunam, Archer, Kessler all have something to bring to the squad, and more experience.

I understand that fans want us to push on - but we can't spend silly, and have to build. I still haven't heard the name of the centre forward to replace Watkins and Ings, who would come here and definitely make us better.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Top 10, maybe top 8.

We lost twice to Watford - 6 points right there, which would put us 9th (I know it doesn't work like that(, but we threw away so many points (Leeds, Wolves, Burnley, Palace, Brentford) - I think the team is almost there. 

Carlos and Kamara are huge signings, and improve our defensive capability massively.
Ramsey is another year on, and with Kamara, we won't have our midfield flogged to death.

Digne for a full season instead of Targett; Coutinho with a full pre-season, alongside Buendia, a fully fit Bailey. 
Plus the youngsters like Iroebunam, Archer, Kessler all have something to bring to the squad, and more experience.

I understand that fans want us to push on - but we can't spend silly, and have to build. I still haven't heard the name of the centre forward to replace Watkins and Ings, who would come here and definitely make us better.

A lot of good points here, but the fact still remains we need another top class central midfielder. I’m inclined to agree with you on most of this and if we don’t get a striker then that wouldn’t bother me too much, but we do desperately need a better midfielder to play in there with Kamara.

Id actually look to buy another centre half before buying a striker. For me, McGinn and Mings are the next two players to be replaced in this team in that order. 

• Like 1

Think we might also be wrongly ruling out the loan market.

Although, was it Purslow who said we don't really like loans, or was it Deano?

High quality loans or Loan with buy options are probably still possible.

For example if we could find that Coutinho callbre deal.

A class player who just needs to get playing football again and find a home.

Any ideas of.players like that?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

13 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Mings is at least our second best centre back (only Carlos can be consider better and that's unproven). Selling him would be silly. Last season he was constantly trying to cover for everyones mistakes. Yes he makes mistakes, but he takes on most of the responsibilty in that defense. He is the ball player and the stopper (both roles which necessitate taking more risk). He also somehow manges to almost always be the last man as well. He is second only in speed to Bailey in the whole squad. He is the captian, he is vocal and organises the defense. He gives his all for the team, and does more than any other player for the team,  and takes on the hardest jobs a centre back can take. Out of all the players i have seen in a Villa shirt in my 41 years, this man is one of the few that truely deserve respect and admiration for being a real man, and a real leader, never hiding, always giving his all, and always take responsibility.

Mings gets far too much disrespect on here!

McGinn, I agree with, not because i don't like him or think he is shit, I just think he lacks a little in terms of technique and intelligence to play the football we are trying to play, and also want to see.

Agree. But going only off pre season (regular season may change this) I think he is our third best CB behind Carlos & Chambers.

If Dwight McNeil is available for £15M I think we should consider him, I think he could do a job as a no 8 or as a cover for the wide forwards if we play that way. He wasn't super last year, and I think he has been a bit hyoed before, but at 15M I think it would be a good deal, and he is also only 22. he has got a sweet left foot and good technique, seems to create a lot. Being drilled under Dyche I think he could do his defensive duties as a no 8 as well. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

If Dwight McNeil is available for £15M I think we should consider him, I think he could do a job as a no 8 or as a cover for the wide forwards if we play that way. He wasn't super last year, and I think he has been a bit hyoed before, but at 15M I think it would be a good deal, and he is also only 22. he has got a sweet left foot and good technique, seems to create a lot. Being drilled under Dyche I think he could do his defensive duties as a no 8 as well. 

Honestly never really noticed him when watching Burnley. Is he like a young Milner where he's actually someone who should play in the center of the pitch rather than wide?

Took way too long for them to move Milner central, was so obvious.

7 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Never seen much with him.  After we were linked with him I watched him a bit more closely than previously and still never saw enough for us to be interested

Edited by nick76

19 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Agree. But going only off pre season (regular season may change this) I think he is our third best CB behind Carlos & Chambers.

For me Mings stays , great player with natural leadership, only overlooked at times by cocknose because he plays for us , we had a bargain when we bought him 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

My hunch is that we are going to be very surprised with two more massive signings and outgoings.

Striker and ACM with Ings or Watkins being sold.

Come on man. We already have two of the best ACM’s in the league that we can’t fit into the side, why on earth do you think we’d be after another. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Honestly never really noticed him when watching Burnley. Is he like a young Milner where he's actually someone who should play in the center of the pitch rather than wide?

Took way too long for them to move Milner central, was so obvious.

He looked to have a upturn in form after Dyche left, seemed to play with a bit more freedom and started to sparkle again, not sure what his exact position was but remember seeing him making runs in the central parts of the pitch more than just sticking to the wing. 

I wouldn't compare McNeil to Milner, Milner is more of a grafter, work horse with really good functional technique, McNeil to me is more of a flair player, creative with a sweet left foot, but quite slight built and I don't know how solid he is defensively.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but at 15M could be worth giving a try, and I like the idea of him as a no 8.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

My hunch is that we are going to be very surprised with two more massive signings and outgoings.

Striker and ACM with Ings or Watkins being sold.

Where would Watkins go? Arsenal have Jesus and West Ham are after Broja, not sure there will be many more takers in the PL who could afford him. 

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

He looked to have a upturn in form after Dyche left, seemed to play with a bit more freedom and started to sparkle again, not sure what his exact position was but remember seeing him making runs in the central parts of the pitch more than just sticking to the wing. 

I wouldn't compare McNeil to Milner, Milner is more of a grafter, work horse with really good functional technique, McNeil to me is more of a flair player, creative with a sweet left foot, but quite slight built and I don't know how solid he is defensively.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but at 15M could be worth giving a try, and I like the idea of him as a no 8.

Likely down to Dyche and Burnley but 7 goals and 17 assist in 134 PL games is pretty dismal. He's still young thou.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Think we might also be wrongly ruling out the loan market.

Although, was it Purslow who said we don't really like loans, or was it Deano?

High quality loans or Loan with buy options are probably still possible.

For example if we could find that Coutinho callbre deal.

A class player who just needs to get playing football again and find a home.

Any ideas of.players like that?

Have people ruled out the loan market? 
Personalky and I’ve said it before, I think we will be looking at making a permanent transfer for a midfielder, but if we can’t get who we want this summer then we’ll loan wijnaldun for a year.

• Like 1