56 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If you had to pick two from…

Otavio
Paqueta
Gallagher
Laimer
Sangare
Ward Prowse

Can i pick one please....Ward Prowse. If i have to pick 2 then Sangare as well for the physical presence but if you replace McGinn with JWP ( and i am not a McGinn hater btw) then you get exactly what he has in terms of tenaciousness but with literally the best free kicks in the world, plus elite penalties and corners. McPhee would be ****** himself silly at the thought. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Otavio
Paqueta
Gallagher
Laimer
Sangare
Ward Prowse

We don't need 2 more midfielders. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

Ndombele left out of Spurs squad for pre-season? Would he be worth the risk for the right price? At his best he’d walk into our midfield.

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Absolutely not.

the Spurs midfielder i would be most interested in is Lo Celso, but not sure how well he'd fit in with us

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

But people want us to sign young back up players. So when they return we haven't got a clear path for them. 

Much better to loan or sign short term back up players whilst the kids go on loan or stay and develop. 

Well my response to that would be if the kid is good enough he will usurp one of the two first choices 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Well my response to that would be if the kid is good enough he will usurp one of the two first choices 

So if he's good enough and we think he's going to be good enough, what's the point in spending money on a young up and coming back up? 

Seems a waste. 

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

I imagine 1 more midfielder and we are done after Ludwig. 

Rodrigo De Paul, Aouer, Laimer someone like that I'd imagine. 

I think we are waiting to see if we can get a good price for any of our current midfielders. (Luiz or sanson)

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

So if he's good enough and we think he's going to be good enough, what's the point in spending money on a young up and coming back up? 

Seems a waste. 

Because he has to develop and prove himself worthy to be in the squad getting regular minutes.

This idea seems to be a big bone of contention for some fans, I don’t get the issue personally.

They go out, play the mens game, toughen up physically and mentally to be reassessed on their return.

Chelsea have been doing this for well over a decade

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Otavio
Paqueta
Gallagher
Laimer
Sangare
Ward Prowse

I don’t think we need two personally and to get to that position you would have to sell at least Sanson, Nakamba and Luiz.

For me the standout for our needs is Sangare.

I’d pick Gallagher out of that list due to age and similar ability levels to others but realistically I’d probably look elsewhere.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, joey55 said:

As a Spur fan, I can't understand why no Premier League club has come in for him. He's a really good player and I don't get why Conte doesn't seem to want him in his squad. He's had an up and time down with us, as he's had some injury issue's, but there is no doubting his quality and he is suitable for the Prem. I think he's more of an all round CM, than an ACM, but in either position, he's easily good enough for most teams in this league. He'll end up going to Spain, for a low a fee, whilst Prem clubs will splash cash on dross. Usually the player we actually want to sell aren't going to improve teams with European ambitions. But this year we've got three in Lo Celso, Sanchez and Bergwijn. Ajax have already got Bergwijn at a great price. Clubs in Spain will do the same with Sanchez and Lo Celso. Sanchez in no Bobby moore, but he's a very under rated CB and I think clubs on the continent in the CL will want him. 

I'd steer clear on NDombele. He's hugley talented, but he just doesn't work hard enough and I doubt that would suddenly change.  

I’ve always thought Lo Celso looks really tidy on the ball. Can’t say I’ve seen much of the others. 

Spurs strengthening well though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Paqueta and Sangare for me

I think Paqueta will flop in the Premier League, I know he was young but he was quite poor at Milan and its not a coincidence that Milan have thrived directly since they sold him.

He also isnt a centre midfielder