Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, Tommo_b said:

I have a sneaky suspicion Brighton are going to be a team that challenges for the top 10-6 places for many seasons to come. 

See how they get on now Ashworth has left, he was a football head among all the data they use. The best appointment Newcastle could have made. Plus someone will come in for Potter eventually (maybe us...).

Been impressed with Palace for a few transfer windows now, they seem to have an eye for signing some really good midfield players, its an area they seem to excel in whilst we never quite do as well when signing midfielders. Could see them getting Aribo on the cheap and him becoming a solid goal scoring contributor to their team, he is local and would be up for that move i think. Reckon we will be competing around the same area of the table next season, 8th-10th for the bulk of the season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Said a few times now I think Palace have quietly done some really good business

Eze, olise, guehi, Mitchell, now this Derby kid, all good young English Londoners with a lot of potential 

If they could get more out of edouard and then continue to phase out the older players they will push for top 10

They've got a big hole now that Gallagher has gone back to Chelski. Just as Brighton have when Bissouma moves on. I think they'll both struggle to plug these gaps unless they hit very lucky.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

They've got a big hole now that Gallagher has gone back to Chelski. Just as Brighton have when Bissouma moves on. I think they'll both struggle to plug these gaps unless they hit very lucky.

they were in for downes but he went to west ham and linked with doucoure from lens

not just gallagher, kouyate is getting on and only has 1 year left on his contract

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Said a few times now I think Palace have quietly done some really good business

Eze, olise, guehi, Mitchell, now this Derby kid, all good young English Londoners with a lot of potential 

If they could get more out of edouard and then continue to phase out the older players they will push for top 10

Agreed this time last year things were looking pretty ominous for them with Hodgson leaving and a load of a senior players leaving on frees. How they've rebuilt has been very impressive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Radness said:

Has anyone seen the study someone did on Premier League fans positive/negative tweets last season? Apparently we were the most positive fans in the league with only 1/10 negative, Man U the worst with 1/3 neg.

🤣 Tell the same people that did the study to come read our forums  - Matchday one is great

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Kenneth Williams: In His Own Words | Sky.com

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

they were in for downes but he went to west ham and linked with doucoure from lens

not just gallagher, kouyate is getting on and only has 1 year left on his contract

Meh, Kouyate is on his way out this summer. Guehi and Anderson are better than him at CB and Doucoure will be an upgrade on him in midfield. They'll be fine. Creating a very nice squad. Gallagher is a gap to fill for sure, but they're proving to be very adept at signing Midfielders, they'll be fine.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Connor Gallagher would be a great signing and would obviously relish the chance to come and play for Stevie G - Get it done villa.

I'm guessing the opportunity to play for Gerrard is less attractive, than finally breaking through at your local club, which he supports, are competing for titles and are playing in the champions league..

Loftus-Cheek got a surprising amount of appearances last season and Gallagher is a lot better than him, I'd be shocked if Chelsea are even remotely interested in selling him right now. 

16 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

I'm guessing the opportunity to play for Gerrard is less attractive, than finally breaking through at your local club, which he supports, are competing for titles and are playing in the champions league..

Loftus-Cheek got a surprising amount of appearances last season and Gallagher is a lot better than him, I'd be shocked if Chelsea are even remotely interested in selling him right now. 

If Chelsea sign Matheus Nunes he might not actually get that many games, at a time when he could make the World Cup squad.

He might not actually get that many games even if they don't sign Nunes.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

WTF seriously ???????? 

• Haha 3

A question. Who on here would prefer Gallagher playing instead of JJ . . Reason i ask is that if we bought Gallagher then our first choice central midfield might be a 22 year old  another 22 year old and a 21 year old. I just cannot see that happening .  

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Jacob Ramsey all the way, he's one of our own don't you know?!

Exactly. In the future him and JJ will be competing for the same England spot as an 8. I see nothing that would benefit either player if he came to us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

If Chelsea sign Matheus Nunes he might not actually get that many games, at a time when he could make the World Cup squad.

He might not actually get that many games even if they don't sign Nunes.

He's guaranteed more playing time here, no doubt. The premier league fixture list is quite congested this season, they also have champions league and cup games. Id be very surprised if he didnt get a chance there. 

I feel like it'll be a risk worth taking for him, especially given he's a Chelsea fan. 

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

I would also add - and bothered to the end of that.

But we would be attracting any top player in the world after that … neymar and coutinho 😳 that would put us in the driving seat to propel 

5 hours ago, Radness said:

Has anyone seen the study someone did on Premier League fans positive/negative tweets last season? Apparently we were the most positive fans in the league with only 1/10 negative, Man U the worst with 1/3 neg.

Must not have studied this thread. 😁