Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

29 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why do I keep hearing this nonsense line pedalled out about Gerrard ‘having a look at [insert name here] in pre-season’ before deciding whether to sign another player.

Ive seen it used for Luiz, Sanson, Traore amongst others now. The only players he’ll be looking at in pre-season will be the youngsters before deciding whether they should go out on loan again - notably Archer. 

He’ll know whether players like Sanson and Luiz fit into the long term plan and whether they’re good enough by now. Or at least he should do. 

It’s really poor journalism. As i said before if you’re going to make shit up. It should at least make sense.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s really poor journalism. As i said before if you’re going to make shit up. It should at least make sense.

Preece is such a joke of a journalist. Just bare face lies about our transfer policy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

Its good with ambition but prepare to be disappointed 

Lol, I'm fully aware its beyond us this season. Its just what I consider to be a quality season, winning as much as not winning, more draws than losses

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, calcifer said:

This, we only managed 55 points due to empty stadiums, there was less pressure on the players as they knew the slightest mistake and they were getting howled at.

I really cannot see us getting 60 points, lets take off our Villa Glasses for a minute i really cant see us getting anything from Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs. Arsenal or Utd ( we have to play vs 12 men ) - expecting no more that 5 points off these teams, same as we got last season!!

We might get something vs West ham and Leicester but not 12 points - West ham did the double over us last season scoring 6 goals over 2 games!  4 points

Newcastle and Wolves will probably S**house wins - Wolves did the double over us last season (the game we threw the game away losing 3-2 still hurts!!) 6 points

Brentford - who have a bloody hoodoo on us! would expect 6 points but we only got 1 point last season!  4 points

Palace - 3 points last season - 3 points

Southampton - should be getting 6 points here but only managed 3 last season - 3 points

Brighton -  should be 6 but only managed 4  - 6 points 

Leeds - 4 last season - would hope for 6 but can see them S***house a win or draw. 4 points

Everton - 6 points last season - 6 points  

Then the 3 teams that came up - 

Forest - should be 6 - probably be 3

Fulham - again should be 6 but can see 4 points

Bournemouth - 1st day loss for us - 3 points 

So that is the grand total of -  51 points.

Yeah agree with opening statement and the table shows that to be the case, yeah like yourself definitely cant see 60 pts unless we sign two high profile ballers that can produce magic, yeah i cant see us getting more than 4 pts against the top 4 next season, i want to go into the season saying we will get 8 pts against them but we are not at that level yet.

Seeing Newcastle surpass us really gets into my skin 😠 because i know they may get to that stage where they take off

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 1

On 03/07/2022 at 20:33, TRO said:

We still need some help for BK.....cover at left back.....and possibly a striker.

...Interesting how Liverpool and City have gone back to big no 9's

Left back cover I agree with but again with my point of clearing out squad players, ideally you'd want Watkins, Ings and Archer all around unless we can upgrade on them. If we can, then we really need to get Archer out on loan and sell whichever of Watkins or Ings least fits how Gerrard wants to set up 

10 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Yeah agree with opening statement and the table shows that to be the case, yeah like yourself definitely cant see 60 pts unless we sign two high profile ballers that can produce magic, yeah i cant see us getting more than 4 pts against the top 4 next season, i want to go into the season saying we will get 8 pts against them but we are not at that level yet.

Seeing Newcastle surpass us really gets into my skin 😠 because i know they may get to that stage where they take off

When did that happen?

Oh you mean League finish? Wouldn’t look in to that too much. Leeds finished above us the year before.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When did that happen?

Oh you mean League finish? Wouldn’t look in to that too much. Leeds finished above us the year before.

In general due to their new owners being so powerful it would be turning that way but league finish hasn’t bothered me too much 

26 minutes ago, RicRic said:

In general due to their new owners being so powerful it would be turning that way but league finish hasn’t bothered me too much 

In that case I wouldn’t worry to much, they haven’t surpassed us. They’ve done nothing more ambitious than we have.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I notice that Ashley Young, Feeney, and Wilson are all signed to CAA Base and they all sign deals with us in the last 24 hours. Trezeguet also signed with them his deal was finalized in the last few days too. Going by that I wonder if Davis, also signed with CAA Base is next.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

Those 50 year mortgages might drum up some interest

Valuable antiques and other  sentimental family heirlooms used to be passed down. Now we are passing our debts onto our children instead! It's better that those little sh1ts have my debts than me! 😀I love the UK😍🤩

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Only to reference and agree with the general thoughts of the man in general. It hurt at the time as he was my hero and true never really forgotten

the utter utter bastard, my Dad wanted to cave his head in and I wish he had so I could have spat on him lying in a pool of his own blood, cross me once you cross me for life 

Mr Gray has a history of being a rude and arrogant so & so. I too will never forget the day he was our assistant manager and we played at Aggborough (Kidderminster Harriers ground) in a pre season "Friendly". Before the game had even started during the warm up he came out and was just stood doing nothing really. A young fan aged about 7 or 8 politely asked him to sign his programme & he just bluntly told him to "FO". the kid was distraught. No doubt ruined his day. I was ashamed to be honest as a Villa fan. It wasn't as though he was being constantly harrased by loads of people it was just one kid! 

Shame on the guy. What an a-hole.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Exactly, but I’m questioning his credentials not his opinions 

The reason I trust him is because he's not out there floating names or rumors or eyeball emojis or aggregating other reports. He just occasionally tweets about what he's heard. He doesn't do the typical attention seeking maneuvers the fake ITKs do, or try to break news.

Edited by VillaHatesMe

7 hours ago, tomav84 said:

because we've spent big money and gerrard said he wanted his business done before pre season

i think the only way we see new signings is if someone like dougie leaves

All managers say that don't they? Ideally all signings would be made before pre-season but history shows clubs go mental at the end of the window!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Ashley Preece the worst ITK of them all. Little Attention Seeker. Alan Nixon of the Midlands. 

He was on a podcast a week or so ago saying that we were still after a CM, most likely Gallagher, a LB and another forward option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Mr Gray has a history of being a rude and arrogant so & so. I too will never forget the day he was our assistant manager and we played at Aggborough (Kidderminster Harriers ground) in a pre season "Friendly". Before the game had even started during the warm up he came out and was just stood doing nothing really. A young fan aged about 7 or 8 politely asked him to sign his programme & he just bluntly told him to "FO". the kid was distraught. No doubt ruined his day. I was ashamed to be honest as a Villa fan. It wasn't as though he was being constantly harrased by loads of people it was just one kid! 

Shame on the guy. What an a-hole.

spacer.png

26 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Ashley Preece the worst ITK of them all. Little Attention Seeker. Alan Nixon of the Midlands. 

The problem is thats his job. Theres no money these days in papers so he is paid to get people to click . He is sold by Birmingham Live as their Villa man , and as long as he wants to pay his mortgage and feed himself and his family thats what will continue to happen. Look at really good journalists like Matt Kendrick who now have to do Aston Villa quizzes on Youtube to see how things have changed for all time. 

• Like 3