Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Hmm while I’d like Zinchenko, this tweeter posted this 2 days ago so I’m not convinced he’s legit 

We’re so starved of links I’ve convinced myself it’s legit. In fact, I’d go as far as to say he’s the new Percy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Are Everton really going to have enough money to buy Depay? I know they just sold a player for £60m but they were deep in a financial hole before that, I don't think they're going to have all that money to spend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

image.png.3be6ce064f59568e048448c3aea84672.png

I'm relaxed. 

The squad we currently have is good enough to get us in the top half.  A few more additions and then we may have a realistic chance at top 8.

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Like 1

I know it’s a contentious to even hint at the fact fans were expecting more transfer activity by this point but I do think it’s been unusually quiet in the last few weeks and we’ve possibly had a few set backs.

That said I’d much rather no news than the public rejection of ESR and JWP. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

I thought it may interest the people who frequent this thread about the transfermarkt squad value now.....

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler-statistik/wertvollstemannschaften/marktwertetop

Diego Carlos our most valuable player according to them at £36m, Kamara valued at £22.5m. £50m worth of players signed for a £27m fee combined.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

I thought it may interest the people who frequent this thread about the transfermarkt squad value now.....

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler-statistik/wertvollstemannschaften/marktwertetop

Sort of aligns with what some think we should achieve which is 7th or 8th.

Whats even more interesting is about 3 seasons ago we would have been much further down in that table whilst the rest of it more or less the same (in terms of English clubs).  We’re getting close to becoming the best of the rest which has to be the first aim. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sort of aligns with what some think we should achieve which is 7th or 8th.

Whats even more interesting is about 3 seasons ago we would have been much further down in that table whilst the rest of it more or less the same (in terms of English clubs).  We’re getting close to becoming the best of the rest which has to be the first aim. 

I think we are in a better place than Leicester and West Ham to get into that best of rest. Newcastle obviously a big rival. But with these changes to European competition the PL should get 8 European places regularly. Also with the increased financial might of the PL in general the gap between the Big 6 and us and Newcastle should close as we can attract higher quality of players than a 7th placed PL team could 5 years ago

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Was reading article about Tarkowski transfer on The Athtletic. It impressed me, we were seen as guaranteed to sign him. We said we'd meet the wages he asked for (says well below the reported 120k). Gerrard also met him to discuss the move. But it was all just a back up for us, we couldn't not be going full in after Tarkowski who was a free agent if we wanted to ensure we would get him IF the Carlos deal didn't go through. 

We were going to get one of them and we got our first choice. I have a feeling (based on what Gerrard himself had said) we were going to get one of Kamara or Tarkowski on a free and the other position is where we would spend money. So as we got Kamara that meant we could spend on our preferred target Carlos. I think to pull of our top two signings in the most important positions has been great work. 

That is excellent work yes.

If Carlos is better to the extent we're happy to pay £25-30m when Tarkowski was free, we now have easily one of the best CBs in the league.

If he's better at all, we have probably have one of the top 10-15 CBs anyway.