Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Rice is excellent. Stunned by how often he gets written off on VT but each to their own.

Rated by many as one of the best CDM's in Europe........quite worrying, when he is not rated by some.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Rice is excellent. Stunned by how often he gets written off on VT but each to their own.

Yeah I can’t believe people still don’t rate him, if we had a Rice to go in our midfield we’d be pushing top 7. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He would be an excellent signing. Be hard to see them selling young talent like that though. 

No he would not, i checked everything on this kid and he would not be an improvement on both ings or watkins i can assure and bet my last dollar on it 👍🏽 Sure hope its just a rumour , id then have to question johan lange’s recruitment formula which has been impressive thus far.

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

Listened to a podcast a little while back and the speaker said that Kamara was insane business and basically the French version of Rice

Think Kamara has a better passing range while Rice is more physical. Not sure I'd say they are that similar tbh but Rice is good at what he does and I think Kamara will be a very good signing for us.

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I wouldn't sell Sanson for less than £12m. He's good enough to start for us.

If it gave us better chance to sign Carney on a new deal , then I'd be all for letting him leave, but other than that I'd prefer to keep him around, really has been treated unfairly in his time here (injuries aside)

55 minutes ago, TRO said:

so Rice and Soucek have been given the bums rush on here ,in some quarters......but managed to control games, and dominate the ball.....that they have won against us.

Rice is quality. Strong, not slow, energetic, good passer, and reads the game well. Soucek on the other hand is good when used in a particular way, but he is cumbersome and an average passer at best.  West Ham's main threat came from set pieces, with Soucek being one of the main dangers. Soucek when used as the most advanced of a 3 will get goals, and put himself about. But as one of a two, his limitations become apparent. Someone compared him to Fellani, which i think is very apt.

• Like 1

Top teams seem to be really going for it this Summer. The likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs are probably going to be well ahead of us again next year.

Be interesting to see how Leeds spend the £100m coming their way. I wonder if they want Ings and Bailey?

30 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Don't believe any of this tbh. Firstly he cost £14m. Also why on earth would he move to Turkey. He will have lots of offers from France and loaning him out is the best thing for Villa to do.

• Like 2