Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Jeez, Leeds after Charles De Ketelaere now. Another whose business has looked really really good.

Majority of their signings have come from various smaller leagues across Europe apart from Roca.

All of which are completely different level to the Premier League, some are leagues we've signed players from who have really struggled despite doing well at their previous clubs.

Have you honestly seen all of these players play to judge? I've only seen Aaronson play and although talented he's extremely young and lightweight and wouldn't get close to our starting eleven. JJ is miles better than him. 

On the other hand we've signed a centre back who has been a fixture at a top 3/4 la Liga side, the only league in my opinion you could argue is better overall than the Premier League at the moment, he also has played various games at Champions League level and played in European finals.

We've also signed one of the best midfielders in Ligue 1 who is now being selected by the best national team in Europe maybe the world.

Our transfer business is levels apart.

20 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I think you and messi11 would make really good friends.

😄 I'm convinced they are definitely the same poster, the same posting style, spelling pattern and generally useless posts give it away.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I think you and messi11 would make really good friends.

Sometimes I get a feeling, they are actually all just extensions of a particular personality who has gone underground 

VTs own Banksy or...

MacAvoySplit1.0.jpg

The Legend the The Lad.....

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the transfer window should just be open for 7 days in the summer. Imagine that! 

I'd have to book the week off work and stock up on the Monster energy drinks! :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jim said:

Other teams fans saying the exact same thing about us.

We’ve had a very good window so far with two months left.

Only two months left!! What are we playing at? Our current players players are unsaleable, unless we sell we have no money to buy, the best coach in the world has gone to QPR. We’re doomed, relegated before the World Cup kicks off. Get Big Sam in now before it’s too late and one of the promoted clubs snap him up. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

You mean apart from selling their best player, captain and face of the club? 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Assume you are taking the pee? Losing Phillips, and Raphinha one foot out the door are the only two quality players at that club.

Just meant arrivals, should have made that clearer. Replacing Phillips and Raphinha will be very tough for sure.

29 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Our transfer business is levels apart.

Wasn't comparing them with us. I just think their signings have been very good and suit them.

46 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think the transfer window should just be open for 7 days in the summer. Imagine that! 

I'd have to book the week off work and stock up on the Monster energy drinks! :D 

I don't know about 7 days but there isn't a reason for it to be open for more than a month and have it close before pre season.

53 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Agree but we have Tommi O'Reilly 

Oh really ??

Spoiler

Opened the door here kiddo don’t let me down 🤞🤞

Edited by Follyfoot

7 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Actually, I've always found the golf courses in LA to be subpar. They're a lot like Los Angeles itself. They look nice, but once you get a look inside it's a mess. 

#humblebrag ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Sky Sports wet dream event though would struggle the other 51 weeks of trying to sell players to City/United 

I wish there wasn’t any transfer windows. I’d much rather go back to the way it was when clubs could sign players throughout the season.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, striker said:

I wish there wasn’t any transfer windows. I’d much rather go back to the way it was when clubs could sign players throughout the season.

The Premier League seems to have anticipated such thinking and tried to offer a rationale for why transfer windows are still a good thing: 

"How does having a transfer window help the clubs?

UEFA had transfer windows for their club competitions before they were introduced domestically so some clubs were used to operating within them. The main benefits are that it enables clubs and managers to plan for a set period of time, knowing the players they have at their disposal.

It also gives the opportunity for younger players to play if there are injuries or drops in form from established first-team members, whereas before the temptation would always be to go and buy a replacement.

It is good for fans as well. Knowing that your squad is settled for at least two chunks of the season means they can invest in those players, emotionally and with that other modern phenomenon: names on the back of shirts."

But I don't know. Not sure it's better as much as just different. No windows would seem kind of chaotic to me, but that also sounds sort of interesting.

Edited by Marka Ragnos