Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

31 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I have felt like the only one on this forum who couldn’t give a shiny sh*t about signing Bissouma and I would be delighted if we did a Villa special and just announced someone completely different out of nowhere.

I don't rate Bissouma so I would be thrilled if this was BS

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

That describes my impression of Traore perfectly. At times he looks a phenomenal talent. 

at times he looks like a phenomenal talent

at times he looks like a pub player

and that's just between his first touch and his second, I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone like him

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

If you were head hunted in your profession, would you accept the first offer that came your way or would you take the time to consider your options especially if those options included different financial packages, different scope for development/opportunity and different locations? Would you think it was fair if people considered you to be pissing about if you didn’t make an immediate decision?

I think Bissouma will have better offers than us, he has every right to choose one of those just as we have every right to have some alternate options.

Let's not compare football to normal jobs. Having to purchase staff members for tens of millions isn't the standard in most industries.

Chelsea and Spurs and whoever won't be as willing to pay the fee we are IMO. They could, but they won't want to as he won't be as key to them as to us. Spurs potentially I suppose, but Levy is tighter than two coats of paint.

Obviously no clue what's actually going on here! Hope he joins if we want him even if I don't think he's worth that kind of money.

I stand by that it's risky business to pay big money to someone isn't keen to come and play for you. Bissouma or whoever...if a fee were agreed, sitting back and waiting for others to also bid isn't a great sign.

Just now, villa4europe said:

at times he looks like a phenomenal talent

at times he looks like a pub player

and that's just between his first touch and his second, I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone like him

When I watched the goal he scored against Bristol in the preseason after we signed him I thought that we have signed one of the best players in the world and he would be a star in the PL. Some of the touches he had in games and some of the goals showed pure genius. But then, as u say, at times he is like a pub player. Must be hugely frustrating for a manager. But at least there is something there that may justify us getting a half decent transfer fee for him. 

• Like 3

Waiting isn't as bad sign as people are making out IMO. People acting like this means he isn't committed but he has been putting in class performances for Brighton ffs.

Would love it to be a case that he wants in immediately 100% but not everyone is going to be like that. Dont want to wait around too long however.

6 hours ago, Villa Stu said:

I’m loving that we are signing players that will make us harder to beat. If we get Bissouma our midfield options will be phenomenal and along with Kamara and Carlos, it really should help us to hold on to games

I say "Hallelujah"

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Let's not compare football to normal jobs. Having to purchase staff members for tens of millions isn't the standard in most industries.

Chelsea and Spurs and whoever won't be as willing to pay the fee we are IMO. They could, but they won't want to as he won't be as key to them as to us. Spurs potentially I suppose, but Levy is tighter than two coats of paint.

Obviously no clue what's actually going on here! Hope he joins if we want him even if I don't think he's worth that kind of money.

I stand by that it's risky business to pay big money to someone isn't keen to come and play for you. Bissouma or whoever...if a fee were agreed, sitting back and waiting for others to also bid isn't a great sign.

Why though? They’re still human so finance, opportunity for success and location matter greatly. It’s also not the player that is involved in agreeing the fee. 
The transfer window is a waiting game for loads of players and clubs. He is probably option 1 for us but option 2 for spurs (for example, no idea). Spurs could be his option 1 so he will wait to see if Spurs pursue him and if they don’t, he could agree to move to us. He’s not wrong to do this and doesn’t mean he wouldn’t play well for us if he did eventually say yes to us. It’s a gamble for him also, because in the meantime, we could decide to go for our option 2 so not to risk losing both.

My concerns around Bissouma (and I am no expert on him) is that the ongoing investigation and the fact that he seemed to have downed tools a bit in the second half of the season so he either has a poor attitude or is inconsistent.

Bissouma doesn't make sense to me...

We have ball winners in Kamara, Douglas Luiz, and Nakamba

We have runners in McGinn, Ramsey, and Sanson

We don't have a passer, which is what we need...  McGinn played out of position there all season, and he did a serviceable job, but we really need someone else with a much better passing range in the starting trio.  Dougie was played in that role a few times when Nakamba came back and still didn't look as good as McGinn did.  Bissouma isn't a passer either...

IMO, we need someone like JWP to play that role with McGinn/Ramsey competing for the more forward running/creative role.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, parisvilla said:

So the following information is through an industry colleague who was with Gerrard within the past week and comes direct from him!........

+ We still want an '8'. There's a deal in place for Yves Bissouma – both clubs happy to do pull the trigger for 30m. BUT the player has stopped communicating with either side so there may be new interest from other clubs he is working through with agents.

+ If we were to sign Bissouma, Douglas Luiz would be sold. Gerrard thinks he slows us down too much.

+ One of the reasons Diego Carlos was prioritised is his abilty to play on either side of the centre back partnership. Therefore pressure on both Mings and Konsa simultaneously. Both know the shirt is theirs if their form is better than the other.

+ Luis Suarez's knee is in bad way - very unlikely we persue that.

+ Wants to give Bailey year 2. Doesn’t fancy Traore – says he’s amazing in training then cocks everything up when he gets on the pitch.

+ Keinan Davis will be sold as long as Forest don't play silly buggers regarding the fee. Cameron Archer and Tim Ireogbunam will get loans to Championship clubs.

so we must be after striker  who could it be

16 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Bissouma has one of the highest passing accuracies out of all central midfielders this season. I'm fairly sure he can pass.

Accoding to Fotmob he is 65th in the Premier League with an average of 45 passes a game.

33rd on centre midfielders behind players like Fred and Xhaka

24 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Bissouma has one of the highest passing accuracies out of all central midfielders this season. I'm fairly sure he can pass.

He's in the 7th percentile for progressive passes...  It means he's passing backward or sideways.  Not what we need.

image.png.baaac1b49d40ffbf3f738563eefeaf72.png

Edited by KMitch
Engrish
  • Like 1

Just now, KMitch said:

He's in the 7th percentile for progressive passes...  It mean's he's passing backwards or sideways.  Not what we need.

image.png.baaac1b49d40ffbf3f738563eefeaf72.png

If you're looking for a midfielder who's passing is highly progressive instead, then that's just John Mcginn. If you want a midfielder who is okay at both, then that's Douglas Luiz. Neither of which you've classified as "passers" either.

You're not going to find a midfielder who is top at both categories, unless they happen to play for a team that massively controls possession. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

If you're looking for a midfielder who's passing is highly progressive instead, then that's just John Mcginn. If you want a midfielder who is okay at both, then that's Douglas Luiz. Neither of which you've classified as "passers" either.

You're not going to find a midfielder who is top at both categories, unless they happen to play for a team that massively controls possession. 

What I'm saying is McGinn played the passer role last season, but it isn't his best role...  He's better as the more forward creative of the three (runner), the role JJ played for us last season.  We need someone better in the passing role than McGinn and Dougie.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, parisvilla said:

Doesn’t fancy Traore – says he’s amazing in training then cocks everything up when he gets on the pitch.

I like Traore but this is hugely believable. 😂

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Bissouma doesn't make sense to me...

We have ball winners in Kamara, Douglas Luiz, and Nakamba

We have runners in McGinn, Ramsey, and Sanson

We don't have a passer, which is what we need...  McGinn played out of position there all season, and he did a serviceable job, but we really need someone else with a much better passing range in the starting trio.  Dougie was played in that role a few times when Nakamba came back and still didn't look as good as McGinn did.  Bissouma isn't a passer either...

IMO, we need someone like JWP to play that role with McGinn/Ramsey competing for the more forward running/creative role.  

Kamara is one of the best passers in Europe