Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

14 minutes ago, KMitch said:

This right here...  A DM isn't going to suddenly make us world beaters going forward or stop teams from cutting open our exposed wings on the counter.  

I think the point of a dedicated DM (or two if we get another) is that he would stop our exposed wings being cut open, as they'd drop in more consistently and do so significantly quicker than Dougie used to do (or not do as the case was far too often). Thus freeing up one of our half new centre back partnership to cover the full back that went forward.

Agreed, won't make us world beaters going forward though, although his passing stats are a big improvement on what we have too.

• Like 1

I reckon we’re going to see some significant outgoings until we have any more come in. Problem is the players soaking up the wage bill are all pony and nobody will want them 

Some fella on an Everton forum reckons he’s heard we’re in talks with Richarlison. Certainly fits the player profile (he’s Brazilian, basically) but will be expensive.

Can’t see it myself and not sure he’s any better than Watkins. Certainly won’t be bringing him, or any other high profile striker for that matter, unless Ings or Watkins are sold.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Some fella on an Everton forum reckons he’s heard we’re in talks with Richarlison. Certainly fits the player profile (he’s Brazilian, basically) but will be expensive.

Can’t see it myself and not sure he’s any better than Watkins. Certainly won’t be bringing him, or any other high profile striker for that matter, unless Ings or Watkins are sold.

🇧🇷 😃 - He is a feisty character.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I remember the reaction on here when we signed Danny Ings, we all thought he was going to be fantastic for us, me included. 7 goals in 31 Premier League matches last season, less than 1 goal every 4 matches. He’s 29 years old, past the peak age for a footballer, he’s only going to decline. For me, he’s been a flop but I think football fans expectations generally especially of their own team’s players are too high. There’s a reason Liverpool didn’t keep him on their books and now we’re stuck with him

Actually cannot believe you’ve said someone isn’t fulfilling their potential?! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886fdtvi5529x5vc0sv9c

are you moonlighting as an Everton fan? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Isn't there a limit to the number of non EU players we can play or is that not a thing any more now we have left? 

8 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Isn't there a limit to the number of non EU players we can play or is that not a thing any more now we have left? 

That's never been a thing! We would need work permits for them pre and post brexit (obviously post brexit means EU players need one too) 

The only rule we have after that is the 25 man squad must have 8 (?) home grown players and I think even then home grown is spent 3 years training with a club in England before they're 21 (again -?) 

FWIW he's a no from me, would cost a crazy amount of money and I don't think he's consistent enough, feels like one of them players that if he was a top 6 player he'd do it every week but for Everton he can go missing and I know which version we would get

• Thanks 1

Cannot believe Richarlson has only turned 25 earlier this month.i think of him as 27 28 at least. Seems to have been around for ever. 

That said i do not see the point of replacing Watkins with what is basically another Watkins from what i see. 

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

Cannot believe Richarlson has only turned 25 earlier this month.i think of him as 27 28 at least. Seems to have been around for ever. 

That said i do not see the point of replacing Watkins with what is basically another Watkins from what i see. 

I’d see him play in one of the positions behind Watkins with Coutinho. I think he suits a CF/Wide Forward role better.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Cannot believe Richarlson has only turned 25 earlier this month.

We definitely aren’t interested then.

• Haha 2