Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

47 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Maybe we need more players with villainous names. Mings, McGinn and Watkins are too friendly sounding. Gravenberch, Scamacca and Sinisterra strike terror from the moment your eyes hit the team sheet.

Or we go down the landed gentry route. Ward-Prowse, Dewsbury-Hall, Alexander-Arnold, Walker-Peters, Smith-Rowe, etc. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Or we go down the landed gentry route. Ward-Prowse, Dewsbury-Hall, Alexander-Arnold, Walker-Peters, Smith-Rowe, etc. 

It's probably just me, but I find the explosion of double-barrelled surnames in football really interesting.

Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe a product of changing views. In the past it seemed to be solely reserved for the types of families who want to 'protect' a name. I have met a Baker-Baker before, which I found funnier than I should.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It's probably just me, but I find the explosion of double-barrelled surnames in football really interesting.

Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe a product of changing views. In the past it seemed to be solely reserved for the types of families who want to 'protect' a name. I have met a Baker-Baker before, which I found funnier than I should.

It's quite annoying if i'm honest. lol

There are too many of them ffs.

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I just think it’s totally reflective of society in general. I look at my kids class lists, it’s the same. Think it’s an increase in women valuing their own heritage and not just taking a man’s name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Gomez would not be the one I'd go for for the stated reasons but suspect the club will. I think he'd cost at least £20m and likely closer to £30m so not sure the club would spend on another CB too. But there is always the out of contract guys like Tarkowski I guess.

All speculation of course.

Tarkowski's been brilliant for Burnley recently. I know he's another that's coming up to 30 but we could do worse this summer with him on a free.

I did wonder how exposed he'd be in a higher line but Burnley been pushing their backline up much higher since they got rid of Dyche and he's looked fine so could play in a more exposed system I think.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was thinking of changing my name to maq-roll. But I won't if it bothers you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

We'll be linked to all sorts of riff raff this summer.

is Riff Raff 6ft 5in, built like a brick s*** house, tough in the tackle, but also able to pick a pass like prime Messi?

If so.....sign Riff Raff up!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

40 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

i know double barrel names are "cool" to have these days, ie: to honour both parents or sets of parents etc, but it doesnt scale beyond one persons choice to do it (unless you are nuts).

If it became the norm and Emile Smith-Rowe married Wright-Phillips sister, and they had a boy call Fred, Fred would be Fred Smith-Rowe Wright-Philips.

Then if Freds daughter (called Maria) married Reece-Moggs son, it would be Maria Smith-Rowe Wright-Phillips Reece-Mogg..........and so on and so on and so on.....

Which kinda says to me, that this double barrel stuff is nonsense beyond the initial "double barrelling", unless you want an entry in the Guinness Book of Records......

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 2

Not a great night so far for the Marseille defensive players we've been linked with.

Kamara & Caleta-Car (and Saliba who I suggested) 3-2 down away at Feyenoord after 50 minutes.

Then again Feyenoord games usually plays out like this in Europe this season.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Not a great night so far for the Marseille defensive players we've been linked with.

Kamara & Caleta-Car (and Saliba who I suggested) 3-2 down away at Feyenoord after 50 minutes.

Then again Feyenoord games usually plays out like this in Europe this season.

clearly not good enough for Villa then.

Just like Digne & Coutinho.

mate.

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

A serious offer?

I was hoping we would submit an amusing one. Or possibly an indifferent one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Absolute must buys if we start a colonial empire with Vitoria, Vegas, Vauxhall Motors FC etc 

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Okay Mr. Jamaican-Villan

If that IS your real name

51 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I was thinking of changing my name to maq-roll. But I won't if it bothers you.

You know what, I walked into that.

O never even realised the irony here 😂