Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

12 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Wish we would bring in someone like Victor Osimhem. A bright, full future ahead -- and he definitely knows where the net is.  I feel worried the likes of Newcastle will end up pricing us out of the market this summer. I don't know enough about Villa finances to say, but if not now, when do we indicate we're aiming for Europe?

Napoli paid nearly 80 million for him, we need to be aiming for these players before they go for these transfers

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What's he like as a player? Can't say I've seen much of him. 
Signing players like Belotti and Kamara on free transfers, albeit with big wages, would be great and allow us to spend bigger money elsewhere. I do think though we'd need to get rid of some of the top earners. Take Ings for example on a reported 120k a week. If he isn't starting, we need to move those wages on to someone else. 

Going to be a helluva Summer. 

I think he would be OK in the Premier League, hepresses well, is strong and works hard and technically is fine. He should score more goals though

for a free transfer he would be a good pickup

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is Van Der Beek still any good? 🤔

Then again, Ten Haag might fancy him. Not in a dirty way of course.

Man Utd will have Frenkie de Jong and Van Der Beek in there midfield next season so no chance we'd sign him anyway.

Golden Globes Meme GIF by G1ft3d

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Man Utd will have Frenkie de Jong and Van Der Beek in there midfield next season so no chance we'd sign him anyway.

Golden Globes Meme GIF by G1ft3d

And Scott McTominay to keep Fergie happy 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

tbh, i think its fairly clear he is trying to get us playing like Liverpool, to do this he basically required 3 x 6's (kind of like a hybrid 6/8 type - like Kamara, Timmy, etc etc), who are both good defensively and going forward.

@TRO also alluded to the Liverpool thing, and the 3 x hybrid 6's in previous posts.

We clearly dont have that type of midfield right now which is i think, one of the reasons the tactic just isnt working with our current players,  i think of the senior players, only Ramsey is good enough for that midfield 3 right now imo.

Timmy also looks that type of player, a player who can be a 6 defensively, but also an 8 if required, and be just as good at both.

I can see why Gerrard is going after the Kamara types (if true), the quintessential 6 who is also very good on the ball and is basically a hybrid 6/8 type in reality.

I know we arent liverpool, but in the same way Liverpool have the midfield of Tiago, Fabinho, Henderson, or similar, i think Gerrard will want 3 very capable all round midfielders next season, which will actually allow the full backs to get forward and have proper cover behind them, but it will also allow the midfield to be as good going forward (if needed versus lesser opposition), or being a brick defensive wall ahead of the CBs.

I think the way Liverpool play is very clever, defensively they have the back 4, plus 3 6's (or hybrid 6/8s) who offer super, super defensive solidity, so the defensive side is strong, but going forward they have the front 3, 2 attacking full backs, and a couple of the midfield 3 also very, very capable going forward, whether Gerrard can implement that effectively here, with players not as good as what Klopp has, who knows.

I think, and i could be very wrong, but i think i see what we are trying to do, but we just dont have the players right now to do it effectively.

Before anyone jumps on me, im not comparing us to Liverpool perse, or expecting us to be like them, but if you look at Klopp's first season or two, they were a bit of a mess until Kklopp got the players in he wanted to play the system correctly, maybe we are now in that same position (fingers crossed it is that, and not that we have no idea what we are doing).

I also wonder if Gerrard likes the Klopp system, but also wants to show he can make that system work (ie: he could continue the Klopp method if he got the job)......so it will play in his favour when the Liverpool job comes up, im not bothered by this at all, as if it works, it will be great, its just a possible observation.

I think your observations are credible, well articulated.....We are intransition....whether we like it or not.

That all makes sense to me....No we don't have the players, right now, for it to make sense.

Its a kind of half Deans team, half gerrard team......neither one thing or the other.

I think next season, will see something that resembles an SG team.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Does anybody know much about defensive midfielders across Europe. If we had to pick 2 from:

Sangare
Kobdogbia
Kamara
Phillips
Bissouma

Who would they be? 

Personally, I’d take Bissouma and Kamara as the latter is a free and the former knows the league. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Does anybody know much about defensive midfielders across Europe. If we had to pick 2 from:

Sangare
Kobdogbia
Kamara
Phillips
Bissouma

Who would they be? 

I know all of those players quite well except Kondogbia.

I said we should have signed Sangare before he went to PSV for what 6m? a couple of seasons ago.

Whether we should sign him now would depend on price, he certainly isn't as good as Kamara who is easily the best on that list, he can even play as a centre back, a real number 6.

Phillips and Bissouma aren't proper 6's they are 6/8 hybrids like Douglas Luiz is, either would go well next to a true 6.

If it were me and they would come I would have Kamara on a free and Koopmeiners......... I badgered everyone on here all last summer to sign him and in the end he went off to Italy for 11m and has done well. Like Kamara he is a proper 6 and can play as a centre back but he is also a captain, excellent penalty taker, left footed and good at long passes Xabi Alonso style. Getting those two for say 25m would be taking the piss.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/teun-koopmeiners/profil/spieler/360518

Edited by paul514

9 hours ago, Tayls said:

In: 

Firminho

Edmund Tapsoba

Coutinho (make perm) 

Olsen (make perm)

Expensive, I Know! 

Out: 

Luiz or Nakamba

Davis

Targett

Steer

Wesley

Thats all I can think of at the moment. I think if Atleti offered an extremely favourable amount for Cash, then it would surely have to be considered. I think Guilbert should be looked at again. I like Cash though, so wouldn’t be against him staying. 

That is a horrible list of In's, you may want to apply to be DOF at Everton.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I hate these but I'm bored at work.

Out:

Guilbert £2m

Hause £7m,

Targett £15m

Luiz £25m,

AEG/Trez £7m combined

Traore £12m (🙁)

Ings £20m

Chuk or Sanson £10-15m? (🙁)

Total: £103m

In:

Olsen (Perm, Free)

Hickey £15m

Ndicka £23m

Gomez £20m

Kamara Free (hefty signing bonus)

Bissouma £35m

Coutinho £33m

A Striker £40m (I have no ideas)

Total: £166m

Net £63m outlay

Maybe an argument for only one CB and utilising Chambers there as backup to Konsa. But I think we actually lose Konsa or Mings and the above is maybe too optimistic. NDicka may already not come to challenge for a start and want it guaranteed

Maybe it needs another winger. Ideally you'd keep Traore but I don't think we will. Either make room for Bidace (too soon probably) or sell Nakamba to part-fund a move for Madueke.

Leaving my Pretend-Post-Summer Squad as:

image.png

I'd go to this much effort but almost no one pays attention

• Haha 4

What's funny is, I genuinely know nothing about Gomez, but I don't want us to sign him purely based on how passionate some people are that he is " shite " or  " finished ".

I also knew nothing about Callum Chambers, and much of the same was said....so.

9 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I hate these but I'm bored at work.

Out:

Guilbert £2m

Hause £7m,

Targett £15m

Luiz £25m,

AEG/Trez £7m combined

Traore £12m (🙁)

Ings £20m

Chuk or Sanson £10-15m? (🙁)

Total: £103m

In:

Olsen (Perm, Free)

Hickey £15m

Ndicka £23m

Gomez £20m

Kamara Free (hefty signing bonus)

Bissouma £35m

Coutinho £33m

A Striker £40m (I have no ideas)

Total: £166m

Net £63m outlay

Maybe an argument for only one CB and utilising Chambers there as backup to Konsa. But I think we actually lose Konsa or Mings and the above is maybe too optimistic. NDicka may already not come to challenge for a start and want it guaranteed

Maybe it needs another winger. Ideally you'd keep Traore but I don't think we will. Either make room for Bidace (too soon probably) or sell Nakamba to part-fund a move for Madueke.

Leaving my Pretend-Post-Summer Squad as:

image.png

After saying I would do this but....
Now I am sat here wanting a break from work....

I want to preface this by saying it has to be for a 433 variation with wide forwards preferably a 4-2-3-1 and I don't expect the club to do this it's just what I would do.

I'd sell....

Targett - He wants to go and I can buy a better player for the same price.
Mings - 29 and I want to cash in to get someone younger
Konsa - Lacks leadership, has difficulties under pressure, can't play out from the back. I thought he was better than he has shown this season and he certainly hasn't developed.
Guilbert - He isn't better than Cash and I would prefer to buy a new player.
Steer - No need for him
Young - Too old
Chukwumeka - Sell unless he signs a new deal.
Sanson -  Doesn't fit in unless it is the furthest forward midfielder, I wouldn't be upset to keep him.
McGinn - Sell him simply because he doesn't fit into our team unless he plays the furthest forward midfielder, that place belongs to Ramsey, some of the wide forwards could play there, Chukwumeka could sign a new deal and we won't be getting a higher price in future.
Nakamba/Luiz - Keep Luiz if he will sign a deal if not keep Nakamba

Ings - He never made sense to purchase in the first place, we can still get a decent fee and even though he is the best finisher we have AND crucially plays more centrally more of the time than Watkins honestly I would prefer two new strikers but we would have no chance in doing this.
Trez - No need for him
AEG - No need for him
Kalinic - No need for him
Wesley - No need for him

Assuming we could offload/sell all of them we could get something like 160m plus whatever from the Luiz/Nakamba sale depending which was sold and Chukwumeka if he won't sign.

I'd buy (Media figures for players)

Olsen - (Roma) He is cheap and a decent keeper for a backup

Borna Sosa - (Stuttgart) Great attacking left back, far superior to Targett has the ability to unseat Digne
Sven Botman - (Lille) Upgrade on Mings, left footed, leader.
Bremer - (Torino) still only 25 has done really well for Torino, big lad, I think he could work well with Botman and imagine those two going up for corners
Arron Wan-Bissaka/Max Aarons - (Man Utd/Norwich)  This is my gambler, both have their virtues and immense potential to be better than Cash and take his place. Max Arrons is better going forward and is still so young to develop in a team that is more stable than Norwich has been for the last few years. Wan Bissaka is an awesome defensive right back who I feel isn't as bad as made out going forward. I think he could thrive leaving Utd.

Teun Koopmeiners - (Atalanta) I wanted him last summer before he went to Italy and banged on about him none stop, he is a true 6, can play at centre back, is a captain, has a great long pass in him, takes pens/free kicks and even chips in with the goals, he has 20 goal involvements last year which is insane as a DCM.
Boubakar Kamara - (Marseilles) He is on a free a true 6 as well, he can play at centre back comfortably, is still young.

Jeremy Doku - (Rennes) This lad has literally insane pace, he has been injured a lot doesn't turn 20 until next month and has some tricks he would be a smart pick up and add variation to our wide players.

Andrea Belotti - (Torino) He is on a free a real centre forward who will be a focal point of the attack rather than running off all over the place like Watkins does (I want the wide players doing that.)

Going by media prices 155m

That team is better technically, defensively, has more variation, younger, more options to play different ways, better prospects for transfer fee growth, I think it will score more goals.
I also think that would be the squad done, and we could move to picking up very few players per year as the need to replace unhappy players comes up, players who didn't quite work out and bring in the odd star.

Enjoy not reading my wall of writing.

Edit - For anyone bothering to read it and laughing their ass off I have been shit hot on transfer predictions for the last couple of years on who is going to be a good buy.

Edited by paul514
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What's funny is, I genuinely know nothing about Gomez, but I don't want us to sign him purely based on how passionate some people are that he is " shite " or  " finished ".

I also knew nothing about Callum Chambers, and much of the same was said....so.

Gomez was decent and no one knows anymore post injuries, so I wouldn't give them 20 odd million plus large wages to him. It's unfavourable betting terms, it doesn't mean he couldn't work out here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Teun Koopmeiners - (Atalanta) I wanted him last summer before he went to Italy and banged on about him none stop, he is a true 6, can play at centre back, is a captain, has a great long pass in him, takes pens/free kicks and even chips in with the goals, he has 20 goal involvements last year which is insane as a DCM.

I think he’s been playing behind the strikers hasn’t he? Sure I read that somewhere.

4 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

I think he’s been playing behind the strikers hasn’t he? Sure I read that somewhere.

Not whenever I have seen him, I haven't seen it in the data on him either.

Just looked it up and apparently he has played there at some point of a game 8 times this season.

Edited by paul514

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Not whenever I have seen him, I haven't seen it in the data on him either.

Just checked, it’s a relatively recent thing they’ve been doing with him so won’t have had much of an impact on his numbers.

• Like 1

Just now, abdomlahor said:

Just checked, it’s a relatively recent thing they’ve been doing with him so won’t have had much of an impact on his numbers.

He got two goals as well in that position

• Like 1