Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

50 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Didn’t pinch it. Credited the source at the end of the tweet which they do all the time. They just bring forward all the gossip, pretty sure they don’t take it as gospel

It’s almost like he tries to make himself look like an aggregator of Aston Villa news stories or something 

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

If we want to play possession football we should absolutely try to pinch Moutinho on a free from Wolves.

He's their best player by some way.

He's 36 this year, need to think a bit more long term. I doubt he'd be looking to move here either if he was to carry on, either back to Portugal or a big money move to US.

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

He's 36 this year, need to think a bit more long term. I doubt he'd be looking to move here either if he was to carry on, either back to Portugal or a big money move to US.

Money would have to make sense yes. Don't want him on £130k a week.

Seriously though, they are half a side without him in it, the control he gives you is immense.

21 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I really don’t understand the hate towards it. Everything they tweet is effectively a retweet from somebody else, usually a journalist, club or newspaper. As far as I see they don’t claim any ITK and it’s just one place to collate all The Twitter gossip as such

I agree - I've just seen it as a gossip aggregator, nothing more. I still take it with a pinch of salt, though I appreciate the effort it takes to collate it all. To me, it's just not that deep. They've never claimed to be ITK.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

If we want to play possession football we should absolutely try to pinch Moutinho on a free from Wolves.

He's their best player by some way.

He's 9 months younger than Young. 

11 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Disappointed with the Suarez link.

Open to both Kamara and Wijnaldum coming here, even for the money being touted. 

People seem to think Suarez is still the same player as ten or even five years ago. He was still very good last season, but this season he doesn’t move like he used to and that’s why he’s had a pretty poor year. Atletico don’t want to give him another year, yet people think he will do great next season?

All players eventually get old. Time doesn’t stop just because someone has left England, so we can’t watch them age before our eyes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

People seem to think Suarez is still the same player as ten or even five years ago. He was still very good last season, but this season he doesn’t move like he used to and that’s why he’s had a pretty poor year. Atletico don’t want to give him another year, yet people think he will do great next season?

All players eventually get old. Time doesn’t stop just because someone has left England, so we can’t watch them age before our eyes.

I'm guessing Suarez would be straight up, 1 year deal to regularly come off the bench to decide games we're drawing in last 10 minutes and push us towards europa.

Hopefully it wouldn't be like how Man. United are using Ronaldo, basically starting him 99% of the time and expecting him to do what he was doing in 2011. Also he could be mentor to likes of Archer coming through.

Haven't seen the Wijnaldum link at all, is he not playing much at PSG? His wages must be ridiculous so I don't see that happening and he's just another 8 type who wants to get forward when we need a DM.

Kamara more logical as plan B option if Bissouma dosen't come off.

• Like 1