Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

I think his injury history this season is the reason we’ve potentially being looking at DMs like Ugarte so if he does get injured we have more cover  Let’s get in Ugochukwu as he’s a monster.

Kamara is class though

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Sadly, our best player seems to be injury prone. 

Hope he grows out of it but it looks likely that we will only see him in patches. 

Definitely need another DM in the summer.

Nah. Just bad luck . He had a good injury record at Marseille. . Its the hamstring pulls and thigh pulls that i judge a player on . And Kamara doesnt get those. Naturally fit but he has had some contact injuries which you cannot judge him on . Because he is brave and gets stuck in. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Sadly, our best player seems to be injury prone. 

Hope he grows out of it but it looks likely that we will only see him in patches. 

Definitely need another DM in the summer.

He got his ankle folded by dirty tackle from behind from a guy that then got sent off.

Can't remember the knee, was that a tackle?

He's not shown much before that shows him to be a sick note.

• Thanks 1

Horrible thought, but it keeps him out of the shop window and ready to go for next season. Clouds, silver linings etc. 

We basically had a world class DM quietly gain almost a season's worth of PL experience. Let Ollie get the headlines for now, but make no mistake, Bouba is our best player.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Horrible thought, but it keeps him out of the shop window and ready to go for next season. Clouds, silver linings etc. 

We basically had a world class DM quietly gain almost a season's worth of PL experience. Let Ollie get the headlines for now, but make no mistake, Bouba is our best player.

Good point actually. I think (especially if we don’t get Europe) our players will be attracting some interest this summer, I’m thinking mainly  Martinez, Watkins, Luiz and maybe Ramsey. Poor injury record for this season will hopefully put clubs off Kamara.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

He got his ankle folded by dirty tackle from behind from a guy that then got sent off.

Can't remember the knee, was that a tackle?

He's not shown much before that shows him to be a sick note.

His other injury was a clash vs Southampton

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Only signed to 2027 and we're not a selling club

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Only signed to 2027 and we're not a selling club

Unfortunately there are only 2-3 clubs in prem that are not selling clubs.  We aren’t one of them.  For example a top CL team comes in with a crazy offer for Martinez.  He most likely will want to go.  Be very little we can do other than maybe get a few more million out of it.  Until we make CL minimum, that will be the way it is.

5 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Unfortunately there are only 2-3 clubs in prem that are not selling clubs.  We aren’t one of them.  For example a top CL team comes in with a crazy offer for Martinez.  He most likely will want to go.  Be very little we can do other than maybe get a few more million out of it.  Until we make CL minimum, that will be the way it is.

If people want to be doom and gloom merchants at every imagined hypothetical that's on them

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

If people want to be doom and gloom merchants at every imagined hypothetical that's on them

Sure, but I think it's fair to say that we're not exactly in the position of being able to refuse massive offers for our players.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Sure, but I think it's fair to say that we're not exactly in the position of being able to refuse massive offers for our players.

People inventing negativity narratives. So tedious

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

People inventing negativity narratives. So tedious

"We're not a selling club" is probably not true though.  I don't think it's inventing a negative narrative to say that if a top CL team comes in with a crazy bid for Martinez, we would likely accept and he would likely move.  There's no doom and gloom there - that's just the reality of where we are.

• Like 2

Don't like the phrase 'not a selling club'.

If a player wants to leave you, everyone becomes a selling club. Real Madrid and Barcelona probably the only clubs who can near enough guarantee to keep the best players at their peaks.

Just look at Ronaldo and Suarez leaving Man Utd and Liverpool at their peaks.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

"We're not a selling club" is probably not true though.  I don't think it's inventing a negative narrative to say that if a top CL team comes in with a crazy bid for Martinez, we would likely accept and he would likely move.  There's no doom and gloom there - that's just the reality of where we are.

I don't think we are a selling club but of course if we get offered crazy money for a key player we consider it, that's just sensible and the economics of football. But since promotion we've only sold one key player (Grealish) and got a British record fee for him. The last time we sold a key player before that was 2015 (Benteke, Delph) and we were under a shambles of an ownership back then so has no relevance to today.

Players like Ramsey, Watkins, Kamara, Martinez etc will very likely stay this summer because they won't be for sale, if a team offers silly money that is way above what they're worth then maybe we will but as long as we reinvest the money wisely we'll be fine. I also think only the very top teams can attract our players which limits where they can go. For example, the only club in the premier league where you are guaranteed to win trophies is Man City and they already have quality players in every position anyway. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I don't think we are a selling club but of course if we get offered crazy money for a key player we consider it, that's just sensible and the economics of football. But since promotion we've only sold one key player (Grealish) and got a British record fee for him. The last time we sold a key player before that was 2015 (Benteke, Delph) and we were under a shambles of an ownership back then so has no relevance to today.

Players like Ramsey, Watkins, Kamara, Martinez etc will very likely stay this summer because they won't be for sale, if a team offers silly money that is way above what they're worth then maybe we will but as long as we reinvest the money wisely we'll be fine. I also think only the very top teams can attract our players which limits where they can go. For example, the only club in the premier league where you are guaranteed to win trophies is Man City and they already have quality players in every position anyway. 

I think we've only had one key player up until now - and, as you say, we sold him.  It's different now because we've got a first team squad that largely, in my opinion, doesn't need much tweaking.  Instead of needing to replace, say, 8 players to improve, we'd probably be looking at 2 or 3.  So more of a challenge now, assuming that people would be looking at Villa players.

The one plus side of being a good Premier League team is that players will only go for silly money.

• Like 1

Two and a half weeks ago Kamara, Cash and Coutinho were all supposedly due back in 10-14 days, and yet here we have Boubacar still walking round in a protective boot!

42 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think we've only had one key player up until now - and, as you say, we sold him.  It's different now because we've got a first team squad that largely, in my opinion, doesn't need much tweaking.  Instead of needing to replace, say, 8 players to improve, we'd probably be looking at 2 or 3.  So more of a challenge now, assuming that people would be looking at Villa players.

The one plus side of being a good Premier League team is that players will only go for silly money.

Martinez has been very good for a while and argentina's no 1 for two years now. Luiz nearly went to arsenal but ended up signing a new deal. Watkins and mcginn have been linked with big money moves before but stayed. So I'd say they possibly could have moved but didn't. I think unless it's Man City who comes in our players invariably stay - I don't think we've ever sold a key player to Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea and Man U haven't signed our best players since Young back in 2011 when they were top dogs under Fergie. Liverpool signed Benteke in 2015 but don't tend to pay big money for players so don't see us selling anyone to them.

Kamara is a very good player but even if he were fit I don't think any team would be putting in £70m+ bids for him which is minimum we'd sell given his contract length. Definitely think someone like Ugarte would be a good signing this summer for us given Kamara's injuries this season.

• Like 2

Â