Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

weirdly, i thought similar.

Kamara is clearly class, but i think Tielemans and Luiz have been better in pre-season so far.

Maybe the saving grace is that Kamara is the proper DM of the 3, where as Luiz and Tielemans are more of the DLP/no.8 types.

Yeh. Could be I suppose.

Either way, Kamara is class so it’s great to be even having a discussion about who starts. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I think it will be Buendia instead of of Tielemans, Kamara or Luiz 

I think you are right Buendia will start but I also think Kamara is a nailed on start, it’ll be either or between Luiz and Tielemans, #%*! making that decision!

On 27/07/2023 at 09:13, Delphinho123 said:

Dare I say a bit subdued in preseason? Does Tielemans start ahead of him in a 2 man midfield?

I think Kamara is the one “nailed-on” starter in the midfield. He will be rested for games here and there, but the others will be rotated, if you get what I’m saying.

23 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I think Kamara is the one “nailed-on” starter in the midfield. He will be rested for games here and there, but the others will be rotated, if you get what I’m saying.

I don’t think any are nailed on, Kamara has a mistake in him dare I say his errors have led to more goals conceded than Luiz. I think Kamara will benefit from rotation.

• Like 1

Strange pre-season for him. 

He absolutely purred for us last year but didn't quite seem the same. 

Luiz has put himself as number one on the midfield list, I wouldn't be shocked if Tielemans was number two at this point. 

In all fairness though, I don't think it really matters who starts, whoever comes on will be one quality player for the other.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Strange pre-season for him. 

He absolutely purred for us last year but didn't quite seem the same. 

Luiz has put himself as number one on the midfield list, I wouldn't be shocked if Tielemans was number two at this point. 

In all fairness though, I don't think it really matters who starts, whoever comes on will be one quality player for the other.  

Not sure about that. 

He got caught on the ball early, and struggled for the first 15 to get up to speed. 

After that he had some world class touches and made a couple of their mids like look grade-A Representatives for Wellingborough with neat turns. 

He's a magician in tight spaces. He will get caught out sometimes, even Zidane got dispossessed. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Not sure about that. 

He got caught on the ball early, and struggled for the first 15 to get up to speed. 

After that he had some world class touches and made a couple of their mids like look grade-A Representatives for Wellingborough with neat turns. 

He's a magician in tight spaces. He will get caught out sometimes, even Zidane got dispossessed. 

No doubt. He still has all his quality, but I considered him utterly press-resistant last year (bar Leicester at home) 

Maybe it's down to pre-season rustiness, which shows the benefit of playing Prem teams in a stronger competition. 

...or it could be that everyone's level has increased so he doesn't stand out as a such a different class of player as he used to. 

I think the nature of his game (receiving the ball under pressure) means it's a lot more noticeable when he's off the pace, more so than any of the other players really other than Dougie who looks simply world class at the moment and has hit the ground running this pre-season. Kamara will be back to his best in no time.

Really really good tonight. He tracks runs so well and breaks stuff up and then has the ability to play a simple  pass or show some real silky skill  . Lucky to have him . One of 3 50 mill midfielders we now have  

• Like 1

Rust successfully worked off… that’s what preseason is for.

Just stay fit and injury free Bouba… going to shine even brighter this season… especially in the top team Unai is building…

I'm one of Kamara's biggest fans, but I thought he was really poor today ? Gave up possession far too easily and invited pressure onto himself by over dwelling on the ball. Made one great saving tackle, but caused our centre halves more problems than any of their forwards tonight. Hope he's back to his best real soon.....we need him bang at it.

Â