Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

45 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

It seems to happen more often with players from abroad that they get an injury short time after making their debut in the PL. Perhaps they need more time to bed in, to get used to the intensity and fysicallity? 

I love to watch Italian footie, for instance, and it's just like a different game completely. So much slower and more deliberate, with all these little intricate passing patterns that occur at a slow pace. Reminds me of ballet. It's got to be easier on the body than PL football, for example, not that ballet is easy.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It's a very difficult pill to swallow this year. It's been like a very slowly unfolding disaster. Every time something good happens, and tricks us into having hope, it's like you gradually realise that ten bad things were already fully underway to fruition. 

Actually, it is just the Villa way and nearly always has been, barring the (very) occasional joy blips.

Don't worry though, soon enough, you will come to accept and even love your abuser. Might as well.

• Haha 1

It will be a blow if he's out for a long period of time, no doubt about it. Kamara is an exceptional player.

However a midfield from McGinn, Ramsey, Luiz, Dendoncker, Nakamba and Sanson should be enough to see us through. It's as strong as other squads in this league.

We've hardly pulled up any trees in the first 7 games of the season, and we won't be competing for Europe so we'll have to take it as it comes. Dendoncker is a new signing and can become important to the side, Sanson has the potential to become an important player if we give him the chance. My personal opinion is the midfield in generaly could improve under new management... but that's a different argument.

If he is out for 6 months then whoever is manager isn't going to get us top half.

Nakamba, Dendonker, and Luiz aren't good enough defensive midfielders for a top half team. They're capable premier league players, but they aren't enough on their own, and playing two of them in a double pivot weakens the offensive quality of our team too much. 

The most optimistic silver lining i can see is that if Kamara has a long term injury, then it might be the blessing in disguise that saves Gerrard,  gives him enough time for his slow tactical brain to learn how to set us up,  and could benefit us long term. Unlikely, but it's the only positive I can think of if he's injured. 

More likely is, Gerrard gets more time,  we get worse, and end up in a relegation scrap without the players to cope with it.

Come on Kamara, please don't be crippled.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

So what does this new sports performance centre at Bodymoor actually do? I thought it was designed to help prevent injuries.

Exactly, just imagine how much worse this could've been - probably would've lost his leg.

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

So what does this new sports performance centre at Bodymoor actually do? I thought it was designed to help prevent injuries.

You expected it to prevent all injuries? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, birdman said:

Fearing the worst with this one purely because the club seem very quiet on it! When will we catch a break with these savage injuries? 🤦

Might not have been able to get a scan yesterday and the club wouldn’t have announced anything then regardless. I presume we’ll hear today - they didn’t keep the Diego news quiet.

• Like 1

Why did they announce Carlos injury details after they had the scan which confirmed his ruptured Achilles but we've not heard a thing about Kamara? Has he really not had a scan yet and it's scheduled for today? Or is it possible it's not as bad as first feared and we won't get an injury update until next press conference.

AVCF official will tweet just after this post that he's out for season now! Knowing our luck 

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

If this ends up being another long term injury with another new arrival  to the Premier League then I think some questions would have to be asked.

Well, possibly, but there are ways of empirically measuring any effects they might or might not have had. And I seriously doubt the club is keen to pay for a department that does nothing, so I think it's safe to either do the math oneself or just sit back and relax and trust the club to sort any deficiencies in said department. 

47 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Why did they announce Carlos injury details after they had the scan which confirmed his ruptured Achilles but we've not heard a thing about Kamara? Has he really not had a scan yet and it's scheduled for today? Or is it possible it's not as bad as first feared and we won't get an injury update until next press conference.

AVCF official will tweet just after this post that he's out for season now! Knowing our luck 

The club knows. They just didn't tweet yesterday due to funeral.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

The club knows. They just didn't tweet yesterday due to funeral.

You'd still expect them to post this morning if they did know. It's a valid point. 

I imagine they do know,  what they're waiting for i'm not sure.

Â