Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

A pharaonic contract?

Any good gifs anyone? 

Think we are paying him in Crypto currency......

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Whatever the real numbers are, it's surely constructed like that to keep the official salary down. Maybe close to half what he's getting in the form of a bonus, and the rest as wages. To try and protect the wage structure. It's easier for other players to accept a one-off bonus (hopefully).

I may be wrong, but it was my understanding signing on bonuses are spread out over a contract so you don't get it all if you leave early.

I only found out recently that footballers get paid twice a year, so if they talk to each other about money it's likely to be as an annual figure rather than 'I make X a week with Y performance related and Z loyalty/sign on bonus'. God knows if they would talk salary with each other though.

60m over 5 years could be split as £24m fee and  £100k a week, which sounds about right.

Again, "free" players arnt free. they and their agent will take the equivalent of a transfer fee. They are often cheaper as theirs no club in the middle. however you have to give a large signing fee to outbid other teams

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

There’s absolutely no way we are paying that salary quoted. 

500k per month, so about 125k per week. There is every chance that we are paying that.

17 minutes ago, zak said:

60m over 5 years could be split as £24m fee and  £100k a week, which sounds about right.

Again, "free" players arnt free. they and their agent will take the equivalent of a transfer fee. They are often cheaper as theirs no club in the middle. however you have to give a large signing fee to outbid other teams

If only someone had made a similar point on the previous page. :D

1 hour ago, calcifer said:

Think we are paying him in Crypto currency......

A lot of these French fans are living in denile and can't believe our arrogance in making this signing.

• Haha 3

Yeah, Coutinho had to go down to £125k a week (ish) to fit in our pay structure and I can believe we've offered Kamara similar wages to come join. That's £500k a month.

Little Phil was earning that every week before he came here.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 1

Â