Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

not very professional by the French boss there......

Didier Deschamps was a player and a manager for Marseille so I imagine has a lot of good memories there so was never likely to be happy about one of their promising players moving on. We are not among the best teams but we're trying to get to the stage where we are seen as one of the best teams.👍

On 26/05/2022 at 06:05, MWARLEY2 said:

Loads of interesting points there. I guess that to Kamara playing Liverpool Man City Chelsea Spurs etc at least twice  a season will be a good subsititute for the Champions League.  

Is English football the most watched after Ligue 1 in France ? 

Depends on who you ask honesty and to what extent they watch certain games. According to my friends that are also French soccer fans. (1) Ligue 1 or PL if we can choose our own league. Otherwise yeah probably the PL because it’s the PL. (2) La Liga or Ligue 1 if given the choice. Ligue 1 would go to 2nd place if again we can pick ourselves. (3) it’s going to be la Liga if the second spot is  occupied by la Ligue 1. 4th would be a toss up between la Serie A and la Bundesliga. A lot of my friends prefer watching Italian teams play. But, it’s also hard to not respect the top clubs in the Bundesliga and the players that they have.

How would you guys look at things? Do people really care about French soccer part from say PSG or teams of higher caliber? 

For Kamara I would think that his interest among many other reasons would be to play against these top teams. What player doesn’t want to play Man U or City or any other top club?

Edited by MrOM15
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Put this in here because of what he says about Gerrard….

I imagine not getting salty about a footballer wearing shorts and sliders probably came into it, too!

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Kamara asked about his move by French press...

“It’s my choice. I had this feeling with Aston Villa, & I was very happy. When the coach comes to see you at home, when he makes the trip, when he explains the project, his ambition for me in the years to come, I take this into account.

“Especially when it comes from Steven Gerrard, one of the best midfielders in the world in his position. It impacted my decision. I can’t wait to join him to work..”

The pull of Stevie! Mint 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Think a few need to read this 😂🤌🏼

Some will still manage to put a negative spin on this.

''Gerrard went to his house??!?!?! How desperate can you get, begging a player to sign for us?

Gerrard, Lange, Purslow OUT, and cancel Kamara's contract as he's clearly a lazy bastard by not meeting us in England.''

3 hours ago, imavillan said:

Put this in here because of what he says about Gerrard….

bUT tHe PLaYeRS haVe’NT SiGNeD beCaUSE oF gErRaRD,

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Cool joke for the umpteenth time. 

Of course the £125k had nothing to do with it. He'd have signed for £10k a week if Gerrard asked him to.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Of course the £125k had nothing to do with it. He'd have signed for £10k a week if Gerrard asked him to.

As you say this, can you imagine my Cringe/laugh when Mbappe said " For me it's about being happy, where I'm relaxed " after new contract signing? . Just the small matter of 100 million pounds plus 1 mill per week hey?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, jim said:

bUT tHe PLaYeRS haVe’NT SiGNeD beCaUSE oF gErRaRD,

You forgot the he isnt a mid 30s ex Liverpool player joke

Got to show the good material 

• Like 1

With the caveats that things players and managers say shouldn’t be taken too literally, English I don’t think will be his first language and that a young player indeed would be more enticed to sign for someone like Gerrard, than say, Dean Smith…

When Boubacar says “…one of the best in the world.” - does he mean one of the best coaches? Because that’s the way it reads.

While I’d like to think he is, that seems like slightly high praise to me. 

Perhaps he means one of the most revered names in the game. 

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

When Boubacar says “…one of the best in the world.” - does he mean one of the best coaches? Because that’s the way it reads.

Nope. Someone posted a longer version of the quote with 'midfielders' in it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Nope. Someone posted a longer version of the quote with 'midfielders' in it.

Thanks, your post made me look in the Boubacar thread and the quote is there. 

That makes more sense.

Â