Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

I've watched pretty much every OM game since the turn of the year but I have a real blind spot for rating midfield players so would be interested to know what others see in his game and how well he might fit into out system?

For me, he is incredibly composed and calm on the ball and very rarely loses possession. He's got a very nice range of passing but I wouldn't go as far as saying he was a deep lying playmaker.

Doesn't look the biggest in terms of height or general stature but seems more than able to hold his own physically. It would be nice for us to have a really imposing DM for a change but I'm not sure he is that...

But he does have great defensive instincts and anticipation for interceptions and has played a fair amount of CB earlier in his career. 

Not convinced we'll be able to sign him given the amount of competition there will likely be for him but we can hope.

As I type this Marseille have gone 2-0 down at Rennes which could yet cost them UCL qualification, might mean Caleta-Car more likely to want to leave this summer but in my opinion he would not represent a big upgrade on the CBs we already have. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Players from France very rarely work at villa 

Probably more a Villa problem than a France problem since they are world champs and produce tons of quality players on a yearly basis :D 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Probably more a Villa problem than a France problem since they are world champs and produce tons of quality players on a yearly basis :D 

But do they have pashun 😛

• Haha 2

If we convince him to sign, it must have the pitch of a lifetime.

I would imagine his agent will insist on a buyout clause which would be worth doing to get him here IMO.

Hopefully he won't take long to settle in.

Soumare at Leicester is case in point of someone slow to get up to pace of the league and they expect him to be better next season.

That's despite him looking great at Lille so worth remembering not every player from France can hit the ground running as Kante did.

I can't find it now. But that does jive with something I read this week that said Kamaras Agent had agreed personal terms with Atleti months ago for around 5-6m but they were renegotiating for 8-9m.

Edited by HalfTimePost

27 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If we convince him to sign, it must have the pitch of a lifetime.

I would imagine his agent will insist on a buyout clause which would be worth doing to get him here IMO.

A massive facial with Boobs,cars and a Kamara.

Edited by dounavilla

Miracles do happen but in this case if he chose Villa over Athletico then Gerrard is the greatest salesman ever. The 3rd biggest club in Spain offering Champ League and that frigging amazing Wanda stadium in a wonderful capital city with great weather 

• Like 1

Open race apparently between us and Atletico. 

I get Atletico have champions league, but I have a good feeling about this one for some reason. I’m sure there’s been rumours of him preferring the Premier League as well.

8 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Open race apparently between us and Atletico. 

I get Atletico have champions league, but I have a good feeling about this one for some reason. I’m sure there’s been rumours of him preferring the Premier League as well.

Not to mention he might want to play football instead of whatever it is Atletico play.

• Like 1

Atletico only want him cause he's a 'free agent' 100%. Seems to be a current la liga trend to get free agents in. 

We've prolly been in for him since last year, But Kamara seemed hellebent on running down his contract so it was all moot. 

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Miracles do happen but in this case if he chose Villa over Athletico then Gerrard is the greatest salesman ever. The 3rd biggest club in Spain offering Champ League and that frigging amazing Wanda stadium in a wonderful capital city with great weather 

Coutinho taking a 70% paycut as well

Â