Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

8 hours ago, david-avfc said:

Feels a bit like Bentancur in January. If it happens then great, but I’m not going to go overboard with it until it does actually happen 

Juve needed Kulusevski off the books too and coupled with Spurs’ sporting director who happens to be an Ex Juve employee and he called in a favour or two.

Bentancur allegedly signed personal terms with us but once Spurs came in with their proposal for both players a last minute u turn was done by Juve.

Kamara should pick us for career development and if he wants he can put a champions league release clause that if we don’t reach it then he can leave if there’s any bidders above a certain amount after 2/3 seasons.

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Juve needed Kulusevski off the books too and coupled with Spurs’ sporting director who happens to be an Ex Juve employee and he called in a favour or two.

Bentancur allegedly signed personal terms with us but once Spurs came in with their proposal for both players a last minute u turn was done by Juve.

Kamara should pick us for career development and if he wants he can put a champions league release clause that if we don’t reach it then he can leave if there’s any bidders above a certain amount after 2/3 seasons.

Or he could just sign for Atletico and play Champions League now.

If Kamara does go to Atleti then we should just go for Kondogbia and let Tim Iroegbunam develop at his own pace for a few seasons and then hopefully he’ll be ready to be our main CDM. 

Id love us to sign Khephren Thuram from Nice he can play as an 8 or 6 but is powerful in the tackle and is able to drive with the ball from deep.

• Like 2

Picking a team at the arse end of the PL over playing at the pinnacle of European football and competing for trophies for "career development", give me strength :D

Imagine someone said "Why would you join Villa, play for West Brom, it'll be better for your career development".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Picking a team at the arse end of the PL over playing at the pinnacle of European football and competing for trophies for "career development", give me strength :D

Imagine someone said "Why would you join Villa, play for West Brom, it'll be better for your career development".

Some players can’t deal with the expectations therefore sometimes it’s better for them to go to a harder league with a club where expectations are lower for a few seasons which will make them a better player overall.

Going to a title challenging, champions league challenging club at the age of 22 could be a huge risk to his career if he doesn’t gel or work out.

Look at Renato Sanches for comparison.

edit - this isn’t a Premier League club vs a Championship club comparison it’s a Premier League club and La Liga club comparison so comparing This situation to a comparison between Villa and Albion is ridiculous.

Edited by Sulberto21

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The only way he signs for us over Atletico, is if our offer far exceeds anything Atletico are prepared to offer, and they don’t match it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

edit - this isn’t a Premier League club vs a Championship club comparison it’s a Premier League club and La Liga club comparison so comparing This situation to a comparison between Villa and Albion is ridiculous.

In terms of giving a chance of winning honours, we're probably closer to West Brom than we are Atletico.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Some players can’t deal with the expectations therefore sometimes it’s better for them to go to a harder league with a club where expectations are lower for a few seasons which will make them a better player overall.

Going to a title challenging, champions league challenging club at the age of 22 could be a huge risk to his career if he doesn’t gel or work out.

Look at Renato Sanches for comparison.

You seem to be omitting the fact that the La Liga club won La Liga last season, and are a regular fixture in the knockouts of the CL

Edited by duke313
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What's the booty like in Madrid, would Dougie be willing to give up Alisha to force the move through?

EDIT: Just googled Spanish Girls in Bikinis. Nevermind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

In terms of giving a chance of winning honours, we're probably closer to West Brom than we are Atletico.

See we’re not in the second division of the Spanish League. We’re a club in the Premier League and it’s the biggest market in the world.

For honours we can’t compete but we are trying to break into the top 8 then the top 6. So this Villa Albion comparison is ridiculous.

35 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This would need us to lose to Burnley, and Southampton to beat Liverpool.

So 14th then. Still absolutely atrocious performance. Why would Kamara even entertain joining a club like us. We just make up the numbers

We'll get our 4th choice CDM and most of the targets we're after we'll settle on the mid table quality ones that are where we are

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

You seem to be omitting the fact that the La Liga club won La Liga last season, and are a regular fixture in the knockouts of the CL

And it seems that you’re missing the first part of what I wrote for the headlines. Any player who is successful in the premier league can play anywhere they want. 

You work for the Birmingham mail and I claim my fiver!

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

but we are trying to break into the top 8 then the top 6. 

Outside of Sky's established Best 6 Clubs Ever, there are probably about another 6-8 clubs who'll say they want to push on to get european football next season. We've not managed it in over a decade, and have finished noticeably lower than we did last season. 

We can talk the talk, but until we show any indication we might be playing in Europe, why on earth would a player gamble their career on it?

There is not a single other person in the world who might think a player ought to entertain the idea of playing for Aston Villa instead of Atletico Madrid. Sorry, it's just ludicrous. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

And it seems that you’re missing the first part of what I wrote for the headlines. Any player who is successful in the premier league can play anywhere they want. 

You work for the Birmingham mail and I claim my fiver!

Sign him up then. While we are at it maybe we should sign Mbappe as well, if he can make it in the PL with Villa he can surely get a big move to Real.

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Outside of Sky's established Best 6 Clubs Ever, there are probably about another 6-8 clubs who'll say they want to push on to get european football next season. We've not managed it in over a decade, and have finished noticeably lower than we did last season. 

We can talk the talk, but until we show any indication we might be playing in Europe, why on earth would a player gamble their career on it?

There is not a single other person in the world who might think a player ought to entertain the idea of playing for Aston Villa instead of Atletico Madrid. Sorry, it's just ludicrous. 

If he was 25 I’d agree. But at 22 he’s got time on his side. The other obvious example is Bailey. He could have joined any CL club but chose us as it’s an intriguing project. 

Â