Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

with then the media exaggerating how much effort we probably put in on those targets

when you see things like "we spent all summer chasing ESR and JWP" did we really though? Lange and Purslow working 40 hour weeks with 90% of it chasing those 2? not likely is it, there will be a lot of plate spinning, got no problem with it personally

It's not quite that situation, but there is only so long you can keep your second third or fourth choices in play before you have to commit. Being led on a merry dance by ESR and JWP might have caused us to miss out on alternative targets. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Since he's out of contract I imagine this saga will be over before long. Doubt it will drag into August or even July . Also doubt he'll sign for us 

Agree with the first bit

But because he's out of contract I'm not so sure on the second, could have signed for anyone for 4 months now and yet he still hasn't, was linked with the likes of barca and utd before Xmas yet didn't sign for either, was heavily linked with Newcastle but hasn't signed, I'm not sure if his stock is actually as high as the media and his agent make out or if he's holding back for a reason, there's something fishy about him and I don't think it's wage demabds and for that reason I think he could "drop" to a club at our level

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree with the first bit

But because he's out of contract I'm not so sure on the second, could have signed for anyone for 4 months now and yet he still hasn't, was linked with the likes of barca and utd before Xmas yet didn't sign for either, was heavily linked with Newcastle but hasn't signed, I'm not sure if his stock is actually as high as the media and his agent make out or if he's holding back for a reason, there's something fishy about him and I don't think it's wage demabds and for that reason I think he could "drop" to a club at our level

Hope so

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't know much about his history outside of Fifa if I'm honest. He helped me win the quadruple with Villa 😂.

Where was he before Atleti?

Monaco and Valencia.  Atletico picked him up mid season as he had some contract issue.

• Like 1

Can't see this happening, would be a superb signing and be a great fit the way Gerrard wants to play. But when you have the likes of Scumcastle who will be looking at similar players, they will be throwing huge wages at players, we are going to have our work cut out. 

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I think we have a real chance here. With him being a free agent, we can give him a sizeable signing bonus and then give him the 100k+ he wants and it would still work out cheaper than signing a player for 30m+ on the same wages. 

The fact that all three of Lange, Purslow and Gerrard went to Marseille means this is close or talks are at advanced stages. Not saying it’s done by any stretch, but it would be close. 

Would love to announce Coutinho and Kamara in the next couple of weeks. A great way to end a pretty dull season and sets us up nicely for the Summer.

• Like 4

He also wants to move to the Premier League apparently which is important. He knows we need a CDM badly so he is assured of significant game time and he's young so if he improves in the years at Villa he can get that big move in his last 1/2 years of his deal.

• Like 1

On 22/04/2022 at 12:47, Philosopher said:

To me Phillips and Bissouma have similar games (only bissouma is bigger), so Phillips is a good alternative. Problem is he will cost serious money, and he does have some injury issues.

Having watched Phillips a couple of times since his most recent injury I wouldn’t go near him. Leeds will want silly money for him and although I think he is an ok player I wouldn’t break the bank for him. Maybe 3 years ago when we first got promoted that would have been a good signing but not now.

• Like 2

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

🙄 It won't be though will he as he's out of contract so it'll be done before the window opens one way or another.

thats the surprising thing with him, he could have been signed since 1st january and he's been linked to a host of very good big clubs and yet he still hasn't signed for anyone

personally i dont believe the atletico links, we will see, but if he does want PL i think he lands at a club like us or wolves given their midfield depth issues or palace, he'll be a good signing for a team in the middle of the pack

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He also wants to move to the Premier League apparently which is important. He knows we need a CDM badly so he is assured of significant game time and he's young so if he improves in the years at Villa he can get that big move in his last 1/2 years of his deal.

One thing I will say is, if we sign Kamara, we need to sign another DM to play alongside him. 

He probably has the highest ceiling of all the DM’s we’ve been linked to, but it’s a helluva task asking a young lad who doesn’t know the league to come in and instantly solve all of our DM problems. 

If we can get Kamara on a free, I think that needs to be paired with signing someone like Phillips, Bissouma or Ndidi. Someone who can help him and who has that bit of experience. 

If we can get two new defensive minded midfielders to sit in front of our back 4, we’ll be so much better. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

One thing I will say is, if we sign Kamara, we need to sign another DM to play alongside him. 

He probably has the highest ceiling of all the DM’s we’ve been linked to, but it’s a helluva task asking a young lad who doesn’t know the league to come in and instantly solve all of our DM problems. 

If we can get Kamara on a free, I think that needs to be paired with signing someone like Phillips, Bissouma or Ndidi. Someone who can help him and who has that bit of experience. 

If we can get two new defensive minded midfielders to sit in front of our back 4, we’ll be so much better. 

I was thinking alongside Bissouma who can play as an 8 also so gives us a good balance. We'd let Luiz and Sanson go 

• Like 1

On 22/04/2022 at 14:26, Jareth said:

This year's Rashica thread - but fishier. 

The fact that Gerrard, Lange and Purlsow went to see him, makes me think there is something to this one

• Like 1

Â