Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make?

I’m trying to make a point about how strong Everton can be tomorrow, which is relevant to the person I quoted.

When you quoted me yesterday your statement had absolutely nothing to do with anything you quoted me saying. 

Top marks for pettiness though, well done you. 

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m trying to make a point about how strong Everton can be tomorrow, which is relevant to the person I quoted.

When you quoted me yesterday your statement had absolutely nothing to do with anything you quoted me saying. 

Top marks for pettiness though, well done you. 

I implied they weren't strong last time without DCL and Richarlison and now you're worried Richarlison is fit. Got it

53 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Any injury updates from Gerrard’s presser?  The Twitter update usually has a feed summarising all his comments but they don’t seem to have bothered today.

Nothing apart from Konsa who is 50/50.

Wonder if this means coutinho starts 🤷‍♂️

I'm actually quite an optimistic person generally but just not when it comes to Aston Villa, after decades of following them. I'm a bit baffled by just how optimistic some of you are (e.g. predicting another 3-0 win for us).They'll have DCL and Richarlison fit and playing together for the 1st time in ages (someone said earlier), the 'struggling manager gone bounce' and McShoutface firing up the home fans and players! 

It's about time we put a run together now and start winning games. That needs to start tomorrow. 

Everton are shite and not winning tomorrow will be extremely disappointing. I mentioned it earlier in the week that there's no chance of us going down but the table is a bit grim to look at right now, hopefully this is the start of us changing that. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I implied they weren't strong last time without DCL and Richarlison and now you're worried Richarlison is fit. Got it

I’m not worried. Blimey. I was just saying he’s back.

I’m sure it’s just crossed wires, let’s just agree to move on. 

Up the Villa!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BOF said:

So yeah Everton are bad 'n all, but it's a bit typical Villa that not only do they lose their manager just before us, and have someone in charge who at the very least will have them extremely fired up, but it looks now like they'll have Yerry Mina back aswell who; by all accounts; is the glue that organises their entire defence. Oh and Richarlison back to full fitness so the strongest part of their team - the front 2 - can renew acquaintances.

We really don't get things easy. Hopefully we'll still have far too much for them.

Mina played in the 3-0 earlier this season didn't he? He's obviously better than likes of Keane and Holgate but he isn't some Thiago Silva/McGrath hybrid. Threat from corners though so even more reason to think Hause should enjoy this one, get Mings tracking Richarlison's runs.

16 minutes ago, Farlz said:

It's about time we put a run together now and start winning games. That needs to start tomorrow. 

Everton are shite and not winning tomorrow will be extremely disappointing. I mentioned it earlier in the week that there's no chance of us going down but the table is a bit grim to look at right now, hopefully this is the start of us changing that. 

Isn't there a break after this game? I know we have Leeds midweek sometime in Feb but no idea who we actually next play at a weekend game?

I thought Burnley was a cert to be played next Saturday but seems there's some winter break and premier league are adamant no games can be played during that despite backlog of games.

Perhaps we'll play that on FA cup 4th round weekend so will have Burnley and Leeds back to back at home which will have Gerrard licking his lips.

Feels like we'll have a good win tomorrow and then be kicking our heels for a few weeks which sort of happened after winning at Norwich.

Guess Buendia's shoulder is playing up after end of last week. 

Either means we stick with Ings and Ollie and start Couinho, Gerrard is bold and gives Carney a start or perhaps we keep Sanson in with McGinn and push Ramsey further forward to link up with Coutinho and the CF.

I’d like to see Carney start as one of the 10s if Coutinho can’t start. But thinking about another option: just a few weeks ago everybody was raving about Young playing as a 10, now he’s completely forgotten. Wouldn’t be surprised if SG started him and subs him for Coutinho at 60 minutes.

There’s a real feel good atmosphere around the club at the moment. The comeback against United, the Coutinho and Digne signings, Emi’s new deal… we really need to win tomorrow to push on and create some momentum. We’ve got what it takes, but we all know what Villa do in these situations. They won’t make it easy. 

Come on Villa, time to step up and start going places again.

• Like 1