Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Our team looks very good but I'm more nervous than last week for some reason.

Need another Buendia masterclass.

I'm nervous as well, more about the fact that Everton will be fired up ffs.

These things always happen at bad times for us.

We needed Rafa for another week at least 

• Like 4

As others have said, this is our strongest 11. Things have to start improving quickly now. Cut out the inconsistent performances and mistakes and we should be able to compete with anyone. Problem is they have a new manager and their fans will be right up for this, especially given who our manager is.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm nervous as well, more about the fact that Everton will be fired up ffs.

These things always happen at bad times for us.

We needed Rafa for another week at least 

Yep, bad timing for us. But if we have these ambitions from the top, then we need to get points from games like today. 

I think its the long break after this game as well. I'll be frustrated if we go into a long break on the back of a bad result. 

• Like 2

Happy with that line-up. No shoehorning Ings and Watkins into the team. Flip of a coin who starts between them but fine with Watkins.

Think this 4-3-2-1 Christmas tree is the formation Gerrard has in mind going forward as it's how he played with Rangers.

I'm a bit worried about them having all their best players back and having big Dunc screaming at the side line. I think Gerrard already has enough standing in the game to stand up to anyone on the side lines, but if it's one person that could make him shrink it's big Dunc.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner