Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

I really don't get why Martinez would go back there. He was hounded out by the Everton fans in his time there before, it really doesn't make any sense, to me.

Big Duncan will have them fired up come Saturday. I think they will be very direct too, so it might be the ideal game for someone like Hause, with plenty of high balls coming into the 6,yard box. I always enjoy this fixture, very rarely dull games.

Just a word of warning in regards to Ferguson in charge as caretaker. Last time he was caretaker for 3 Premier League fixtures:

Everton 3-1 Chelsea (first game in charge)
Manchester United 1-1 Everton
Everton 0-0 Arsenal

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

Just a word of warning in regards to Ferguson in charge as caretaker. Last time he was caretaker for 3 Premier League fixtures:

Everton 0-0 Arsenal

I’ll let the lads know 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hornso said:

Everton 0-0 Arsenal

After a disappointing run of results for us, it’s important to win this one but we would be stupid to underestimate them. They comfortably beat Arsenal only a a few games ago and they will be lifted by getting rid of Rafa.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Hornso said:

Everton 0-0 Arsenal

I heed that warning as I saw what happened last time, but there is one key difference. 

Minus DCL and Richarlison, their squad is dogshit. 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

I heed that warning as I saw what happened last time, but there is one key difference. 

Aren't both of those available? Both played the other day didn't they?

3 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

Aren't both of those available? Both played the other day didn't they?

Yeah sorry I wasn't intimating they were out, I was just pointing out that the lack of depth in their squad is staggering. We should be beating them regardless of the "Big Dunc" effect. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

That's not fair, that French left back they've got is absolutely world class on his day. Ah wait, nevermind.

• Haha 2

I can’t stand the blue s**te but I think the sacking of Benitez is not good timing for villa. they will likely have ‘big dunc’ in charge Saturday / they cannot STAND Steven Gerrard (in fact he is probably the person Everton fans hate more than anyone ever) so the crowd an players be well up for it.

you could do with a decent start to calm the place down. Won’t take long for them to direct their bitterness an anger at their players if villa take the lead.  

• Like 2

I can't imagine Coutinho is ready to start. He'll use the break after this game to get that fitness level up. He's a great weapon right now from the bench against a tired opposition. Impact sub for this game.

Question is will Chukwuemeka get a start? It's either Watkins, Ings, Buendia or Watkins, Chukwuemeka, Buendia. Pre-Planned to bring Coutinho on for Chuk around 60 mins.

The rest of the team picks itself, Konsa will be fit I'd say. McGinn in for Sanson.