Formula One - 2022

BOF

21 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

He won't be losing much, that new Merc ( I saw today in person)  is a technical masterpiece.

It will be interesting won't it. I expect the field to be a lot closer this season and it will be interesting to see how Russell fits in as no2 to LH

Lewis apparently said he wouldn’t commit to next season until the outcome of FIA investigation into the events of Abu Dhabi.

Then Masi is sacked the day before Mercedes launch their car and driver line up. 

Interesting coincidence, or Masi sacked because Mercedes needed to announce Lewis is driving again. 

Edited by Genie

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

There's some footage, I can't find it now. But Lewis says "we have won 8 titles we are all focused".  Won eight titles? He ment it for sure.

8 constructors titles in a row. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Genie said:

Lewis apparently said he wouldn’t commit to next season until the outcome of FIA investigation into the events of Abu Dhabi.

Then Masi is sacked the day before Mercedes launch their car and driver line up. 

Interesting coincidence, or Masi sacked because Mercedes needed to announce Lewis is driving again. 

Lewis announced his comeback before yesterday.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mykeyb said:

No Kingspan sponsor logo? Has that been pulled.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/mercedes-ends-kingspan-f1-deal-with-immediate-effect/6863385/

“The Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team and Kingspan today announced that they have mutually agreed to end their partnership,” a statement from Mercedes reads.

Announced just before the Saudi GP.

16 hours ago, Genie said:

I would hope Masi was sacked for fixing the outcome of the Championship. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

I would hope Masi was sacked for fixing the outcome of the Championship. 

I don’t personally think he fixed it for Max to win, he just **** up at a moment of intense pressure.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

Interesting article. Can't say I understand enough to fully grasp why it is disjointed, or even clearly see that is disjointed, but it's worth a read anyway:

GARY ANDERSON: DISAPPOINTING
FERRARI F1-75 FEELS DISJOINTED

https://the-race.com/formula-1/gary-anderson-disappointing-ferrari-f1-75-feels-disjointed/

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I like the alpine a lot. 

The livery is nice. Initial thoughts on the design is that it's very conservative. Probably the most conservative. But obviously it mightn't be what they put out on track so we'll see.