Formula One - 2022

BOF

34 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

The sprint races can't be more pointless than FP3 and now with more points at stake and the new rules apparently allowing closer racing then it should make the weekend as a whole more interesting.

Oh it makes it more interesting. But I just fundamentally don't like sprint races in F1

Exploding footballs and moving pitches would make Premier League Football more interesting, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh it makes it more interesting. But I just fundamentally don't like sprint races in F1

Exploding footballs and moving pitches would make Premier League Football more interesting, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

I'd be willing to give them a chance anyway (not the football ideas :D). If it produces ones like last year (a train for 20 laps or so) then I'll be more negative about them but I'll take it over another practice session where nobody is really showing their hand and there is something to play for/lose.

The Ferrari is officially released after the leaks yesterday. It's red:D. Although I will say it looks amazing. I've got a funny feeling about this season. Binotto has been making noises about their technical progress and with the rule changes bound to pull the leaders back to the pack a bit, my prediciton for the season: 20 Nov 2022 - Charles Leclerc world champion

To the surprise of no-one, Alpine appoint former Force India/Aston Martin COO Otmar Szafnauer as team principal. They've also hired Bruno Famin.

32 minutes ago, BOF said:

To the surprise of no-one, Alpine appoint former Force India/Aston Martin COO Otmar Szafnauer as team principal. They've also hired Bruno Famin.

He'll be hungry for success.

Sorry

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Oh, good, I'm glad he's been replaced by ... Wait .. WHAT!!???!

I think that's just going to be what they suggested previously, which is that the race director will get help going forward. I doubt we, as fans, will have any exposure to how often and to what extent it helps with the final decision.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I think that's just going to be what they suggested previously, which is that the race director will get help going forward. I doubt we, as fans, will have any exposure to how often and to what extent it helps with the final decision.

Can't wait for the VAR lines to prove whether Lewis did or didn't exceed track limits 🙂

To be sensible for a moment though, at least in F1 you don't have the "stopping a game mid flow" conundrum you do in football.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I totally missed him leaving Aston Martin but I am not surprised as I suspect the head honcho will want a more competitive car for his boy to drive. Not sure he will get it.

4 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I totally missed him leaving Aston Martin but I am not surprised as I suspect the head honcho will want a more competitive car for his boy to drive. Not sure he will get it.

Yeah he left with everyone expecting he was going to Alpine. It took them a while to hire him but we got there in the end.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He won't be losing much, that new Merc ( I saw today in person)  is a technical masterpiece.

Ooh you lucky thing.

7 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s a step in the right direction.

I’m still bitter about how the season ended. 

The whole things a massive disaster for F1, I can't remember anything to rival it. Verstapen must be pissed as well as he might have won it if the 5 lapped cars stayed between him and Hamilton and they had just raced the last lap, the 5 cars would have most likely given way to him anyway. I know this wouldn't have stuck to the status quo but it would have been a decent compromise IMHO .