Match Thread: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

Freakish error, Emi is amazing.

He was amazing last year. This year he's been ordinary. Hasn't really won us any points, and has looked vulnerable a few times.

I have very high expectations of him, and I haven't been too pleased lately.

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I can’t believe that we have yet another management team where I am left wondering what the **** we get up to during the week? This coaching team have just won a league without being beaten, Gerrard has played under some top managers and won a bunch of stuff, the assistant has published literature on coaching methods.. so why does it look like our players have been colouring in or playing tag all pissing week? 

You and a couple of your mates could win the league in Scotland with Rangers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Remember when we were passing that little note around on DS’s last game… this half was about that level

dont be daft.

We were on top for a good half, of that half, its just we didnt have the final ball or a clinical finisher it seemed.

Some players were poor tho.

But come on, that was nothing like the worst of Deano ball.

• Like 2

Hause Cuck and Phil will come on. Hause only at HT I reckon. 

Sanson is a player. Emi B looking good too. Ings is a finisher and needs balls played in. We don’t offer that when we play Ollie left or right side. 

Ollie is not a winger at this level. He’s a reaction player. When he has to think, he’s so poor

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He’s had poor game yes, but can we stop expecting 20 year olds to be consistent week in week out? And can we stop moaning about bringing in older players then contradicting ourselves by saying a academy player isn’t good enough?

Exactly. He's been positive and had some good carries but has had some poor moments too. He's a kid. He's going to be a player for us for many years.

• Like 1

I have never known a forum so conditioned to be negative, we are almost looking for the issues.

I think there are points in this for us, when we put them under pressure they wilt, need to sustain it and to use a Gerrardism, be more clinical!

I swear Utd have some voodoo shit over us, a yard either side and Beundia scores, Emi suddenly drops the biggest clanger since he has been with us.

Get VP roaring, believe, beat them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AvonVillain said:

Watkins has certainly regressed, and naturally we've bought a proven striker in Ings and ruined his career. Starting to worry about Gerrard and his inability to see the obvious.

Think SB is trying to manage both of their egos, tbh. Watkins feels betrayed by the arrival of Ings and Ings isn’t fit (and may be doubting the logic of his transfer). From the manager’s perspective, he’s trying to protect our assets