Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, andym said:

He's made a couple of really good saves, but i'm finding it hard to believe it's just an unlucky coincidence that we look a shambles basically every time he plays.

Generally when he plays its with a weakened side. When he played last year in the spurs win and this year in was it the Burnley win, I don't remember us looking a shambles. He's a massive drop off from our world cup winning keeper, just don't think he's recently been as bad. 

I hope he doesn't prove me wrong now. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

He's a major problem. He's the reason we went behind. We can't play the same composed way at the back. We can't have confidence that if our high line is beaten we have a strong shot stopper behind. He's **** awful. 

I mean yeah. He's just kinda awful.

• Like 1

He can’t play the possession football where we invite pressure on to us then pass it out from the back to beat the press and find space.

I’m not sure why Emery doesn’t work to minimise his limitations on the ball and change our style when he is playing. 

38 minutes ago, bose said:

Not a fan but the least of our problems tonight

He really wasn’t. This idea he played ok because he made a couple of saves is daft. He cost us a goal and he was targeted by Everton in possession. We can’t play out the back when he plays and our high line is compromised because god knows if he is coming out to sweep up if it goes over the top. 

He’s just an all round liability. We all knew it though and he’s cost us another cup competition. He’ll continue to cost us as and when he plays.

The only credit I can give him tonight is that he might not have been the worst player on the pitch. That award goes to that tubby little f****** Tielemans. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We all know hes a half decent shot stopper and if he can kick it long every time you'd think he was fine.

At this point who's fault is it that he can't pass the ball around the back? It's not his game, you know what you are going to get with him.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Puzzling how he wasn't moved on poor decision.

Guessing it's as simple as not much out there that's better that wanted to come and be our cup keeper

The pass back to him was garbage but he has to know to just smash it clear rather than try and play a ball he hasn't got under control, if it was a kid you'd at least excuse him for it, this guy you can't, he never learns

1 hour ago, andym said:

He's made a couple of really good saves, but i'm finding it hard to believe it's just an unlucky coincidence that we look a shambles basically every time he plays.

We were a shambles at Newcastle,  Liverpool and Warsaw. Maybe the keeper isn't the issue?

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We were a shambles at Newcastle,  Liverpool and Warsaw. Maybe the keeper isn't the issue?

No Mings is the biggest issue. You know when you don’t realise how good somebody is until they are gone. Well we are really seeing that defensively, 

Olsen is shit though. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, villan95 said:

We conceded 3 to Legia Warsaw with Emi in goal but sure let's all bash Olsen for this one.

Goals conceded really aren't a great metric to evaluate a keeper's performance. While Emi wasn't spectacular against Warsaw, he wasn't directly at fault for any of their goals.

Olsen is directly at fault for at least one goal more often than not, usually because he just can't help himself and will pass it straight to the opposition.

Nearly did an Enckelman against Hibs too.

In any team playing it out from the back he is an absolute liability, and it's not like he has other attributes he excels at to somehow make up for it.

• Like 1

Â