Kerr Smith

useless

10 hours ago, samjp26 said:

And he has 7 (approximately I think it maybe 8?) appearances this season and we’re only half way through. What were you expecting? 

Just wondered is all, since we're paying close to what we paid for a more established John McGinn.

2 hours ago, AV82 said:

Just wondered is all, since we're paying close to what we paid for a more established John McGinn.

McGinn was without doubt one of the best deals we could have asked for.

3 million and a 10-15% sell on fee, for a player who took the championship by storm, scoring goal of the season and being named player of the season by players and supporters alike, and ultimately being pivotal in the uphill fight to gain promotion, as our clubs demise nearly went fatal.

Now he's commanding performances among the best, earning interest from Liverpool who are fresh off being best team in the world, and Manchester United who aren't exactly a poor side anymore, despite them surviving tumultuous times thanks to the revenue and clout SAF brought them they are now among the best again.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

McGinn was without doubt one of the best deals we could have asked for.

3 million and a 10-15% sell on fee, for a player who took the championship by storm, scoring goal of the season and being named player of the season by players and supporters alike, and ultimately being pivotal in the uphill fight to gain promotion, as our clubs demise nearly went fatal.

Now he's commanding performances among the best, earning interest from Liverpool who are fresh off being best team in the world, and Manchester United who aren't exactly a poor side anymore, despite them surviving tumultuous times thanks to the revenue and clout SAF brought them they are now among the best again.

Absolutely. As shit as bruce was, this was a absolutely masterstroke signing by him. Mcginns worth around the 50m mark now

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Loved your post but this bit made me gob out my tea... 

They're an absolute shambles at the moment. 

Thanks.

If it wasn't for SAF and the success and standing he gave them, let's just say they've had a decent amount of fortune in being able to spend money and bring in talent all because what yesteryears victories offered.

Shambolic for a while now, but they've got a team of playing personnel to rival any, and they do have a knock-out fixture against Atletico in the CL next month to look forward to. I dare say they might be among it again if they have a shred of knowing how to get a team of superstars playing as a superstar team.

Edited by A'Villan

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/analysis/dundee-united-and-their-100-record-against-barcelona/

I know United fans are a proud lot and get slightly peeved when they are referred to as Dundee. As a Scot, I loved United’s success in Europe during 80’s. Unbelievably unlucky not to reach European Cup Final in 1984 after beating Roma 2-0 in first leg at home only to lose 3-0 away thanks to a dodgy ref. Then in 1987, they reached UEFA Cup Final. Amazing club. Great fans. Really hope Smith hits the ground running and becomes big success. Andy Robertson hasn’t done too badly coming down from Dundee United, albeit via Hull. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

Possibly because he didn’t play for Dundee. Played for Dundee United. European Cup semi finalists in 1984. Regularly beat Barcelona around that time. Play in tangerine as opposed to the blue of Dundee. I actually don’t know if English fans actually know there is a Dundee and a Dundee United who both play in top league…lol

Us lads in our 40s know The Arabs and remember their European Escapades in the 80s.   Tannadice and Dens Park are across the road from each other closest grounds in the UK if not Europe maybe?

Think we signed Andy Gray from Dundee Utd in the 70s but before my time.  Hopefully Kerr Smith has the same success with Villa.

City of discovery and home of The Beano and Dandy! 

Arbroath are my Scottish team though 😜 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

Us lads in our 40s know The Arabs and remember their European Escapades in the 80s.   Tannadice and Dens Park are across the road from each other closest grounds in the UK if not Europe maybe?

Think we signed Andy Gray from Dundee Utd in the 70s but before my time.  Hopefully Kerr Smith has the same success with Villa.

City of discovery and home of The Beano and Dandy! 

Arbroath are my Scottish team though 😜 

Brilliant. Arbroath are going great guns. Think most of Scotland are hoping they hang on and make it into top league. 

1 minute ago, Stoobs said:

Brilliant. Arbroath are going great guns. Think most of Scotland are hoping they hang on and make it into top league. 

Would be a fairytale they are still part time!  Play in the right colours too!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

Possibly because he didn’t play for Dundee. Played for Dundee United. European Cup semi finalists in 1984. Regularly beat Barcelona around that time. Play in tangerine as opposed to the blue of Dundee. I actually don’t know if English fans actually know there is a Dundee and a Dundee United who both play in top league…lol

I kept track of Dundee Utd for years from 1975 when we signed Andy Gray, I loved him when I was a kid, fantastic signing, we bought a Cairn terrier not long after and named him Andy. Wolves broke the transfer record fee when they signed Gray, £1.49m.... WOLVES, imagine that now, incredible. Loved them times.

• Like 2

Â