Kerr Smith

useless

Based solely on his build for his age and the fact that we are willing to pay up to 2m, I think SG and the coaches know enough to pay this fee, that this Kid might be mixing it with the men's squad quicker then we think.

We bought a lard ass from up that way for about the same amount, turned out alright too as it goes.

Looks a real talent and only just turned 17, playing first team football at 16 in any senior league is impressive, looks like he played 90mins vs Celtic in a 1-1 draw and played 20mins vs Rangers too so far this season.

Based on his physicality it looks like he'll be in around the first team sooner than a lot of our youth prospects.

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

2m is a hell of a lot of money for a 17 year old! A lot of fans are moaning about us apparently ‘doing an Everton’, hope this shuts them up, I mean reassures them.

I bet we've just saved about £2mill on Tuanzebes loan fee..?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

2m is a hell of a lot of money for a 17 year old! A lot of fans are moaning about us apparently ‘doing an Everton’, hope this shuts them up, I mean reassures them.

We might just be inventing new ways to waste money, you never know :)

• Like 1

Leicester were supposedly interesting in Kerr Smith and were thinking of triggering his release of £500,000 last summer. It didn't happen for whatever reason. Any additional fee increase would be down to add ons which are only triggered by a player's successful progress.

Seems like a good deal for a highly rated young prospect. 

• Like 2

if he is already playing quite a few games for Dundee at 17, i would imagine he needs to either be straight in to our first team squad, or straight out on loan playing first team football in Scotland (still), or the Champ/League 1.

No point in him coming in to our u23s by the look of it, if he is playing senior football already.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

if he is already playing quite a few games for Dundee at 17, i would imagine he needs to either be straight in to our first team squad, or straight out on loan playing first team football in Scotland (still), or the Champ/League 1.

No point in him coming in to our u23s by the look of it, if he is playing senior football already.

If we get him I don't think we'll invest in another CB. He is physically ready, he is a unit for his age and I can see him slotting straight into the 1st team as 3rd/4th choice. He will not get many minutes but being around the others will set him up for next season where we could see him in the cups 

• Like 1

'United are set to net a near £2 million deal for teenage defender Kerr Smith - which includes a number of add ons - from Villa.

The 17-year-old was down in the Midlands for his medical and to finalise his deal on Wednesday and the English Premier League side are expected to confirm his signing on Thursday.'

Scottish Daily Express

• Like 3

Â