Kerr Smith

useless

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

What is 'international clearance' with a Scottish player?

"...must be completed for a player who is seeking to register for a club in England and has previously been registered for a club abroad (including the other Home Associations), or who is a foreign national seeking to register for the first time in England."

Also, as he's under-18, there's some additional FIFA related administration to do too.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

It has to go to FIFA because it's a different member association I imagine.

Edit - Beaten to it!

An excuse for Fifa to make a couple of thousand for changing his club on an Excel Spreadsheet

A quick google says we have to prove we'll be giving him the best possible training and instruction as a footballer, that we're also giving him a decent education or career training in case he's not a footballer and that he'll be living in good care either with a host family or somewhere suitable. It all makes sense and I'm sure it's something we do all the time.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Kerr Smith, subject to international clearance.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/january/14/smith-joins-villa-academy/

Woah. WFT?  Aston Villa IS delighted....In an official club release? Have we become an American club?

I'm writing to the Daily Mail to complain.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Stoobs said:

Possibly because he didn’t play for Dundee. Played for Dundee United. European Cup semi finalists in 1984. Regularly beat Barcelona around that time. Play in tangerine as opposed to the blue of Dundee. I actually don’t know if English fans actually know there is a Dundee and a Dundee United who both play in top league…lol

Ah so it's a 'Sheffield' situation. Apologies.

• Like 1

I don't know why but every time I see Kerr Smith written down my mind immediately thinks of Herr Flick of The Gestapo

-515206.jpg

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Woah. WFT?  Aston Villa IS delighted....In an official club release? Have we become an American club?

I'm writing to the Daily Mail to complain.

If Villa were an American club they would be called the Birmingham Lions

• Haha 2

Positive sign for me as 2 huge potential centre half Feeney and Smith for future stars 16 + 17 who been play men games at 16 years old debut, i hope they are regular partner until early 20's will full fledge ready and understand each other which good news and good process for us. save our money.

Welcome to Villa, Kerry Smith.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
Debt - i meant Debut
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

But, it is correct, is it not? Aston Villa as a single entity, a club.

No, not unless you are American. Aston Villa are a collective, a club, and as such they ARE delighted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â