Kerr Smith

useless

I've browsed all I can find on him and he seems like a very good prospect. He seems highly regarded by those around him and it sounds like his attitude is good. Also his height and build at the age of 17 is impressive.

It will be interesting to see how he adjusts to living and 'working' away from home.  Feeney 16, Smith 17, both excellent prospects .... both right footed. I'm not complaining, but a right, left combination would have been nice.

Imagine Bogarde goes out on loan? I know he's been training with the first team but this guy probably comes anticipating breaking into the first team too so will be a starter for the U23s, imagine Feeney, Swinkels and Kerr rotate or battle for the CB slots in the U23s and either Bogarde goes on loan or moves back into midfield rotating and competing with Iroegbunam?

If this deal goes ahead I wonder if it means Bogarde is going out on loan, he's still kind of young for it but would probably cope comfortably, looks just as good playing against first team players in the EFL Trophy as he does against U23 players. Either that or maybe we're going to play him in midfield for the second half of the season, truth be told I think it's a position we're struggling in at U23 level this season, Bogarde probably our best midfielder other than perhaps Iroegbunam.

• Like 1

If we move Bogarde into midfied I don't think we'd rotate him with Iroegbunam, but would rather play them together, we already play with two holding midfielders at the moment in Lindley and Iroegbunam, so Bogarde would likely replace Lindley. The thing with Bogarde is that although he plays as a central defender, when he moves into midfield he's not really like an out and out DM, he's more of a box to box midfielder.

Interesting one this as it leaves us with the three senior centrebacks then a big gap, then an absolute glut of seventeen and eighteen year old talent. 

Feeney, Kerr, Bogarde and Swinkels will be a heck of a competition for a couple of U23 places - I think they're probably all still a little too young for a loan, defenders tend to develop later, so it'll be worth keeping an eye on what the plan is.

Bogarde could move forward to make room, and Swinkels has played left back a bit, but it's a really strong group if Kerr is coming in.

I'm very much in favour of this one.

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Thats a fair chunk of money for Dundee United. We only paid £2.75 m for McGinn.

I'm guessing that his price only gets anywhere near 2 million if he is a success and turns out to be the real deal .... In which case he would be an absolute steal.

We haven't got much in the way of defenders in our U18s, normally at this time of year we'd be looking to start trying the most talent ones up a level for the U23s, but we haven't really got any to promote other than Luke Softely, so can understand this signing, even if we already have three very good defenders in Swinkels, Bogarde and Feeney.

Lack of central defenders coming through at U18 level will be why we brought in Katsukunya from Coventry as well, albeit he will start with a lower age goup.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Surely this is bollox?

I have it on good authority that we've abandoned signing young players, and that we are now only chucking money at over paid has beens to save Gerrards job, and NWSE and Purslow blushes?

Who is the source? Villa Report?

Villa Report is so full of shit. Clickbait nonsense. 

• Thanks 1

He only turned 17 a few weeks ago. We do need another CB signed in the summer and then extend Hause for another 12 months, then either sell him and loan in some cover or keep him for the 12 months.

Edited by CVByrne
typo

Â