Lucas Digne

villan-scott

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Again and again. He’s not the top earner. There’s simply no evidence for it so why must you persist? I’ve also said that if a good deal came in we should cash in. I maintain that Digne is a good squad player for us but not irreplaceable. 

How do you know he isn't the top earner? 

We don't publicise wages for obvious reasons. Anything from those salary websites aren't accurate either. It's embarrassing that so much time once again is wasted discussing things we don't know about because Digne was signed by Gerrard. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Again and again. He’s not the top earner. There’s simply no evidence for it so why must you persist? I’ve also said that if a good deal came in we should cash in. I maintain that Digne is a good squad player for us but not irreplaceable. 

Again, for certain positions we can’t just pay high wages for squad players. A LB isn’t as CM for example, although Emery showed he’d rotate regularly.

If we could sell Dinge, Coutinho and Bailey, we could upgrade with cheaper options. Well could be higher salaries but ok loan such as Felix.

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Sadly not bound for Riyadh, though.

Maybe he's joining the Ratcliffe Revolution instead?

There was a lot of assumptions and quote tweets presuming that the flight was to Saudi before the lad finally said it was to Nice! 

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

There was a lot of assumptions and quote tweets presuming that the flight was to Saudi before the lad finally said it was to Nice! 

It was said earlier that there was interest from European clubs as well as Saudi Arabia. Could Nice be one of them maybe 🤔

7 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He was linked to Nice earlier in the summer 

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Off to anywhere in Europe screams crappy loan deal.

Agreed, makes no sense unless we're getting a big fee and his humongous wages covered.

Otherwise we're playing without a proper left back this weekend when we have a pretty good one ready to go.

Unless Acuna comes in and just slots straight into a full 90, but that would be weird

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Agreed, makes no sense unless we're getting a big fee and his humongous wages covered.

Otherwise we're playing without a proper left back this weekend when we have a pretty good one ready to go.

Unless Acuna comes in and just slots straight into a full 90, but that would be weird

I remember under MON when we threw in 3 new defenders against SHA and won keeping a clean sheet 😆

But yeah seems less likely these days.

19 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Sadly not bound for Riyadh, though.

Maybe he's joining the Ratcliffe Revolution instead?

Is he from that part of France?

Seems we're not training much this week if Bailey was off for a short break on Sunday and now Digne is off (normally Wednesday is the designated day off for most teams).

Guess we must be ultra confident we can get Acuna in before Everton as seems a bit odd to me to further disrupt back 4 by selling Digne before getting any replacement in.

Just now, GeordieVillan said:

Worst photoshop ever surely?!

Look at the hand floating in mid-air?!

Yeah I wonder if photoshopped, mainly cos I don’t buy that Digne was just chatting about his impending transfer with some random. (But re the floating hand, he’s just doing a thumbs up but sideways)

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he wants to leave who gives a **** where he is going and what the deal is. I swear you’d think half of you lot are paid to look after Villas accounts.

We need some sort of functioning back 4 for Sunday.

If Acuna isn't signed in time then no idea who plays there. If it's Pau then centre is Konsa-Carlos (which will disappoint 99% on here who want Cash dropped).

Â