Lucas Digne

villan-scott

On 12/08/2023 at 20:10, ender4 said:

Was he partly at fault for any of our goals? Or was he decent and stronger than the other 3?

All the goals came from the other side of the pitch. Wasn't his fault at all. Could have had 2 assists as well.

Digne is understood to be the latest player to be offered a move to the ambitious Saudi Pro League, with Riyadh giants Al-Hilal believed to be one of several options. The £25 million signing from Everton is on significant wages and despite playing in their season opener, he is a player Villa are keen to move on.

Telegraph

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I suppose we keep him until Moreno is back given the Saudi transfer window closes after the European one. 

Unless we get Acuña in before then.

He was the best of a bad bunch on Saturday. So he keeps his place this Sunday for me. But if we're getting Acuña in to upgrade him to someone more suited to our style of play,  as well as significantly reducing our FFP deficit at the same time, I'd be happy to see him moved on ASAP.

His wage and general purchase are a reminder of the shambles we were when we signed him. He's not bad, but we should never have put that much money into a player his age.

As we discussed in the FFP thread the annual cost of Acuna in fee amortisation and wages is likely to be half of Digne's. In the new world of European footbball with squad cost caps more stringent than PL rules we need to shift big earners who are not key players (Digne/Coutinho). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated 👍

It is often confused by a lot of people as £160k because it was reported he was on $160k due to his wage slip being exposed. People saw the $160k and didn't convert back to £. So wage of £125k/$160k 

Edited by CVByrne

15 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It is often confused by a lot of people as £160k because it was reported he was on $160k due to his wage slip being exposed. People saw the $160k and didn't convert back to £. So wage of £125k/$160k 

Ahh makes sense, which is why I thought it was around £150k. Still high though but thanks again for clarifying. 

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

On the other hand, the administration opened a line of negotiations with England's Aston Villa in order to win the services of French Lucas Digne, the left back, as the last deal in the summer "Mercato". Yesterday, Al-Azraq announced the contract with the Brazilian Neymar Jr. from Paris Saint-Germain, France, for a period of two years, in a deal that ranked second in Saudi Arabia in terms of value, after attracting Al-Nasr legend Cristiano Ronaldo, captain of the club.

That's the bit that concerns us/Digne. Doesn't sound anything concrete.

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

That's the bit that concerns us/Digne. Doesn't sound anything concrete.

Yeah, until a bid comes in there isn’t much to get excited about…

Saw some more tweets about this and the best explanation I’ve seen is “opened a line of negotiations with Villa for Digne”…

Â