Lucas Digne

villan-scott

2 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

so this is one of those 'do as I say not as I do' situations

No, no.

I've watched him fail to live up to £150k a week near-on every game for us.

Maybe you have seen those performances, I dunno.

Pound for pound he is one of the worst signings in club history and a goal against United doesn't make him any better. He isnt a bad guy but he isnt a good player

Evident that the first thing the new manager did was sign a player to play his position and improve us

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Average/fine, tomato/tomato.

It's over £150k a week if he starts games and we win.

He's done nothing wrong, agree. Club (Purslow) ballsed up by giving the rocket polisher of a manager a player he wanted without any research beyond Gerrard saying "Yeah, he's a player"

He'll continue to be poor or average being paid the most at the club.

For the club to function properly we cannot have a back-up left back on more than every other player.

That's why we're paying through the anus to get him out even if the Saudi bid turns out to be wasting our time (shock).

He isn't on £150k week

He wasn't poor, you are in the minority who thinks that

We aren't paying money to get him out, absurd statement.

Tomaszk, you really harm any credibility people have of your opinions with posting for effect type comments.

If Digne was so poor why are multiple clubs in Europe reported to be interested on him. Villa now play with a specific type of LB required in our system and he doesn't fit that role. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He isn't on £150k week

Tomaszk, you really harm any credibility people have of your opinions with posting for effect type comments.

If Digne was so poor why are multiple clubs in Europe reported to be interested on him. Villa now play with a specific type of LB required in our system and he doesn't fit that role. 

He is poor, its why we are signing a left back for the 2nd window running

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

A ridiculous statement. Countless signings haven't been able to even be good enough to play for Villa let alone be regular starters. Digne had multiple caps for France while a Villa player. The world champions at the time. 

It's clearly a ridiculous statement. 

How many France caps does Moussa Sissoko have or Brazil caps did Roque Junior win

He played 3 games out of about 20 France played since he signed

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Which isn't true of course.

We play a system which requires a specific profile for the LB. He is a good player but doesn't fit into that system as well as we need. That's not his fault that's just the way it is. He's also one of the top earners at the club and cost a large transfer fee, he was bought for a previous system. We have the opportunity to reduce the costs of the LB position by signing a player who also fits the system better. Then that's clearly a good decision we should make as a club. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He isn't on £150k week

He’s on £163k a week. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How many France caps does Moussa Sissoko have or Brazil caps did Roque Junior win

He played 3 games out of about 20 France played since he signed

And Dendonker for Belgium.  Too easy to use the international line. 

I don’t think Digne is a bad player but he is not what I thought we had signed.

4 minutes ago, WHY said:

He’s on £163k a week. 

I do get a lot of amusement from these kind of posters on VT. No actual basis at all for their statements but have got into their heads we put only Digne on an absurdly high wage totally breaking any kind of wage structure at the club. I liken them to flat earthers. Determined in their true faith. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I do get a lot of amusement from these kind of posters on VT. No actual basis at all for their statements but have got into their heads we put only Digne on an absurdly high wage totally breaking any kind of wage structure at the club. I liken them to flat earthers. Determined in their true faith. 

I have a mist knowledge of how much he earns as you, have a nice day! 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Pound for pound he is one of the worst signings in club history 

Actually laughable when you factor in the crap and wasters we’ve had in our relegation year, under Lambert or under MON - you don't even need to go that far back to disprove it. We get you don't rate him, that's totally fine. These types of jabs are honestly childish and really unnecessary. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 3

Just now, The_Steve said:

Actually laughable when you factor in the crap and wasters we’ve had in our relegation year, under Lambert or under MON you don't even need to go that far back to disprove it. Utterly unnecessary. We get you don't rate him, that's totally fine. These types of jabs are honestly childish and really unnecessary. 

I think this is taking into consideration the fee required to bring him in and his weekly wage. 

Of course, for example, Okore was a worst player. But his impact on Villa's finances was much, much less than Digne. 

(I'm thinking / writing on behalf of @Zatman here,so should probably stop now).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

No, no.

I've watched him fail to live up to £150k a week near-on every game for us.

Maybe you have seen those performances, I dunno.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Pound for pound he is one of the worst signings in club history and a goal against United doesn't make him any better. He isnt a bad guy but he isnt a good player

Evident that the first thing the new manager did was sign a player to play his position and improve us

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Lmao, ridiculous

The real problem is that were turning to 30 year old fullbacks every window to be the attacking output of the team. It's stupid.

Digne is exactly what I expected. Fine, moments of quality but not quite what is needed not athletic enough.

Moreno seems great and hopefully Acuna can be too, but it surprises me that maybe the most athletic position in Emerys system (and Gerrard wanted similar from LB to be honest) that we keep turning to 30 year old players.

I'm fine with a few older heads in the squad, but it's weird we seem to be only targeting that for such an important attacking outlet in our system.

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

The real problem is that were turning to 30 year old fullbacks every window to be the attacking output of the team. It's stupid.

Digne is exactly what I expected. Fine, moments of quality but not quite what is needed not athletic enough.

Moreno seems great and hopefully Acuna can be too, but it surprises me that maybe the most athletic position in Emerys system (and Gerrard wanted similar from LB to be honest) that we keep turning to 30 year old players.

I'm fine with a few older heads in the squad, but it's weird we seem to be only targeting that for such an important attacking outlet in our system.

Are we? Sounds like nonsense to me. 

Â