Lucas Digne

villan-scott

On 05/08/2023 at 22:09, The_Steve said:

Very good sub appearance today. Would be madness to sell him right now.

Different people running things but we saw with Ings, if you can get rid of a player that is seriously damaging your wage structure then I think we do it.

Even if it is (gasp) an FFP loss in the short term.

Not sure if mentioned previously but he seems to have dropped the No 27 shirt and now has the No 12 shirt.

No 27 player incoming perhaps? Doesn’t Ivan Fresneda where the 27 shirt?

Could be Gourna-Doiath from Salzburg too.

Or he just fancied the No 12 😄

Edited by burchy

6 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

I'm hoping the squad number change is an indication that he is staying. He was great for us last season and is competition for that left back spot who offers something different to Moreno. There were plenty of times when Moreno was available but Emery started with Digne instead due to tactics. Forget the silly nonsense people make about his wages, he isn't a bench warmer, he's a valuable squad member who plays regularly for us. I hope he stays.

Don’t think we will actively look to sell  but if the moneys right and he isn’t getting any younger then I can easily see us selling him… 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Don’t think we will actively look to sell  but if the moneys right and he isn’t getting any younger then I can easily see us selling him… 

Can't see him wanting to go though. Euros are next summer and he's got a decent chance at the squad 

9 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Can't see him wanting to go though. Euros are next summer and he's got a decent chance at the squad 

Think his France days are behind him … Lets see if the Saudis do indeed come in and bid  can they afford his wages let alone a pay rise … 

Edited by thabucks

48 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Think his France days are behind him … Lets see if the Saudis do indeed come in and bid  can they afford his wages let alone a pay rise … 

His France days surely aren't behind him! He's only a few months older than me and I'm still working on my fitness for the World Cup 2026.

• Haha 1

Got a stupid yellow after 9 minutes, wasn't that bad, far better than a lot of the team today. No yellow and he can be a bit more aggressive. Easy yellow for kicking the ball to stop a thrown in.. should be fined for that, it was just stupid 

If we sell him, we're signing Acuna.

If we sign Acuna, we're selling him.

Be interesting to see which happens first. It's effectively a trade with money on top,  and I'd argue Acuna fits our style of playing better so it's a double win for us if it happens.

Digne just doesn't have the energy to match Moreno, and with our right back situation the way it is, it's much easier for us to have an attacking left back that provides us width, and a defensive right back, which is a role Konsa can fill.

On 12/08/2023 at 20:21, grobs said:

Thought he was our best player today with diaby. Actually played like he gave a toss 

Which is why I’d be a little disappointed if he left. He’s been nothing but professional and tried his best. I totally get why we’d move him on though if the rumours are true. 

I've no issue with Digne, i'd be happy enough to keep him, but also not bothered if he left.  

If we can move him to SA, and get someone like Acuna in cheaper wages and more suited to Emeryball.  Then it will only benefit us in FFP terms, so can only be a good thing.

Â