Lucas Digne

villan-scott

On 27/07/2023 at 09:54, lapal_fan said:

Habib Beye was on £4,000,050 a week in 2008.  A famous MoN contract. He only played about 12 times for us as a 32 year old signing!

People have got to stop getting their knickers in twist over us having 2 extremely good players for 1 position.  Moreno won't be on more than £50-60k you'd think (3.5m a season according to a Google search), so really we've got good coverage for £150-200k for that position. 

Injuries and fatigue will play a part this year and we need the depth. 

I find it pretty ironic that the people who moan about having Digne on high wages are also the same people moaning about Olsen being back up for Emi M..  WHAT THE **** DO YOU ACTUALLY WANT?  You get what you pay for. :lol: 

Leave the finances to the pro's, not people who might work in finance and think they know how all this shit works.  

£4million per week? I don't believe you.

• Like 1

If he does in fact go, I wonder if we could see a quality prospect of a full back who can operate on either side come in?

It will be awkward for our fullbacks due to system changes.

Possibly only one will be utilised in starting lineups.

19 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Rumours the Saudi’s want him. Only country that can get anywhere near to his wages tbf

he will prob have to take a 50% stake in all Saudi oil sales, to even come close to his salary here.

Maybe he will settle for a 55-60% stake in all Saudi Oil exports, who knows.

Fine to keep for another year really, he's a good competitive option, he will get games even when Moreno's fit, maybe not loads, but I'd be in no rush to sell unless he really wants out. 

I think Digne has probably been for sale all summer and club have been working on other left-backs just in case another teamcomes in for him, so if he does leave I don't think we will be caught short, infact will probably be part of the ideal scenario, I think it was Collomose who said he was available, probably right.

Doesn't mean the club doesn't rate him, in some cases it just makes sense to bring in a different option if possible, similar to when we sold Ings.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Gotta be El-ettifaq if there's any truth to it. 

Gerrard sticking with the slowly recycling the ball to an LB who can't beat a man who then aimlessly crosses from deep tactic.

18 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Gerrard sticking with the slowly recycling the ball to an LB who can't beat a man who then aimlessly crosses from deep tactic.

Guardiola, Klopp and Emery are studying this new 'Gerrardball' tactic and it'll be all the rage in the PL for the 2023/24 season. 

i like him. i want him to stay. but if big money got offered and it gets one of our highest earners off the wage bill (who won't start once moreno is back) then we do it IMO. maybe we can stall them a few weeks till moreno is fit and we get a replacement

maybe this is why pau was tried at LB in the last friendly?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pongo's Socks said:

Not sure why anyone wants rid of him? Just the wages? 

I don't necessarily want rid but at the same time wouldn't be too bothered if we sold him. He's essentially cover/rotation and quite expensive cover at that. 

I have a hunch Pau is going to start there while Moreno is out too.

• Like 1

Â