Lucas Digne

villan-scott

54 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

they cant possibly be match fit.

They can both be fit, and probably are, but Digne hasnt played a competitive match since Dec 1st, and Coutinho hasnt played a competitive match since the 4th Dec (he did play 9 mins on 12/12, but 59mins on 4/12).

However "fit" they are, they cant be match fit when they havent played a competitive game since effectively the start of Dec (6 weeks).

Footballers train, regardless of whether or not they are in the matchday squad. How else do they get match fit, except by... playing matches? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

What on earth is this, and why can't I stop watching?

You're late mate!

The Holy Trinity show is a brilliant Canadian ( I know ) Villa Youtuber.

Proper does his research and has a very good take on most things! ( Don't always necessarily agree ).

There is a thread on here dedicated to the show as well, but that is usually for post match analysis and so on.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MCU said:

I agree but he's gone to Norwich now.

Took me ages to get this. I couldn't work out why nobody else was reporting Norwich signing Kerr Smith. 

How quickly we forget.  :(

• Haha 1

Very, very good signing.

Coutinho and Digne are astonishing signings, absolute ballers with terrific pedigree and in reality far better than we could have hoped for.  Such a shame we have lost so many games this so far, we have basically wasted the season barring a miracle.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Why have we got a 1980's boardroom?

All that's missing is some pictures of cocktails in red photo frames.

Isn't that section of stained glass from one of the old stands (Witton Lane?) that was saved when it was demolished by Doug?

Edited by TheStagMan

Serious statement by the owners. Digne has 43 caps for France. Coutinho, no words needed. I won’t lose my shit if both don’t hit the ground running and i still think 8th to 10th is where we’ll lie when all is said and done this season. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Targett will become prime Roberto Carlos on Saturday now 😂

Hopefully.  Would be great having Roberto Carlos and Lucas Digne as our left backs.

https://news.paddypower.com/football/2022/01/13/lucas-digne-aston-villa-everton-transfer-farewell-insta-post/

French left-back Lucas Digne’s Booker Prize-nominated Instagram post about his Everton exit is set for a limited edition hardback release, Paddy Power News can reveal.

bit of a piss take but funny nevertheless

Edited by tomav84

40 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Serious statement by the owners. Digne has 43 caps for France. Coutinho, no words needed. I won’t lose my shit if both don’t hit the ground running and i still think 8th to 10th is where we’ll lie when all is said and done this season. 

Agreed.  We'll be making a good springboard to try to vault into European contention next season, if we get things right.  

I'm very happy with the Digne signing.  He was a bit of a coup for Everton to get from Barca back in the day, but for us to prize him away from them is an even bigger transfer market masterstroke!  He's an excellent fullback and a huge upgrade on Targett.  Not exactly fast, but he's one of the best attacking left backs in Europe, with a wicked cross on him.  I can't wait to see him link up with Coutinho on the left!  

25 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You can clearly see Lange is in some discomfort. His transfer balls have gotten so big he now has to hold onto his belt to stop them pulling his trousers down.  I don't know if he's lucky or cursed.

• Haha 2

Â