Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 hour ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

From what I understand Rafa is very much from the Paul Lambert school of man-management so not overly concerned with Digne. 

At least I can understand Rafa 😉

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’m not entirely convinced we are doing the last bit this window…

If you think about it like this. If we can get Bissouma this window but it'll cost us £10mil more than it will in Summer. We fill a big hole in our team for remainder of the season, we guarantee he will be here for the full pre season training next season and the team get more time playing together. We also might be competing with Newcastle in the summer when we aren't now. Newcastle could easily spend 200m in Summer to build a new squad and pay players more than we will. 

So a 5 year contract in summer or a 5 1/2 year one now. Amortised it's very little difference yearly. 

Coutinho, Digne are two excellent signings and our left hand side seems sorter now. We also have Bailey who can come in there too. With Targett as back up for Digne. IF we go get Bissouma we only need 2 players in summer, a CB and a GK

Just now, CVByrne said:

If you think about it like this. If we can get Bissouma this window but it'll cost us £10mil more than it will in Summer. We fill a big hole in our team for remainder of the season, we guarantee he will be here for the full pre season training next season and the team get more time playing together. We also might be competing with Newcastle in the summer when we aren't now. Newcastle could easily spend 200m in Summer to build a new squad and pay players more than we will. 

So a 5 year contract in summer or a 5 1/2 year one now. Amortised it's very little difference yearly. 

Coutinho, Digne are two excellent signings and our left hand side seems sorter now. We also have Bailey who can come in there too. With Targett as back up for Digne. IF we go get Bissouma we only need 2 players in summer, a CB and a GK

Considering Newcastle will be building a championship squad I would find it unlikely we would be competing with them for at least a couple of years. They are dogshit. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

It's quite clearly a difference of opinion in football terms. Rafa wants full backs to be defenders and to primarily focus on that. Digne is primarily an attacker and wants to be key to creating chances further up the field. 

If Digne did what Rafa wanted his game would suffer the year of the World Cup in an outdated tactic with a flat back 4 of "defenders". He wanted to play to his strengths and they had a falling out. Rafa is saying Digne doesn't want to be a team player and do the role he's asked to do. 

Nobody is right or wrong here. Technically they are both right.  

I don't think its outdated, its a style, a trend and a popular one granted.....These things morph from era to era, when the best teams get copied.

but if you play like that ,you have to have midfielders with the nous to defend, to cover....otherwise you end up, with just 2 defenders in the team.....that creates imbalance.

There is of course a asymmetrical option of having one attacking full back and one defending full back.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

£22.5m. Not too bad. 

Not a bad price and could be a lot less considering we might be sending Anwar the other way

If that is the case then I think its a lot better deal than I expected 

Â