Yves Bissouma

Corleone

I think Spurs have made a great move here, he’s everything an ambitious side like them would look for in a new signing. I think they have gotten a bargain for £25m, I feel sorry for Brighton though, they’ve been cherrypicked again. Dan Burn to Newcastle United for 7m from Brighton which was a steal for Newcastle United and now this. I really rate Bissouma, he has all of the tools needed to be a great player for Spurs

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Spurs have made a great move here, he’s everything an ambitious side like them would look for in a new signing. I think they have gotten a bargain for £25m, I feel sorry for Brighton though, they’ve been cherrypicked again. Dan Burn to Newcastle United for 7m from Brighton which was a steal for Newcastle United and now this. I really rate Bissouma, he has all of the tools needed to be a great player for Spurs

Dan Burn wasnt cherry picked. He was 3rd or 4th choice defender

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Massively overrated on here by some. He’s a decent player, but there is better out there for a similar price.

Is he overrated though, I think spurs have got a very good deal. Who would you says better for 26 million? 

• Like 1

Dan Burn played in thirteen of Brighton's twenty-three games before he went to Newcastle, of the ten games he didn't play he was injured for six of those,  he actually played the full 90 minutes of the last eight games he was available for Brighton.

In other words for Brighton he was available for seventeen games and he played thirteen of those, most of them the full 90 minutes as well.

Brighton fans at the time were bemused that they let him go, and thought they should have got a bigger transfer fee.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Massively overrated on here by some. He’s a decent player, but there is better out there for a similar price.

I'm not sure if you're trolling us or not here....

But I actually agree 😂

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dan Burn wasnt cherry picked. He was 3rd or 4th choice defender

What Useless said, I’m not here to point score Zatman, how Eddie Howe managed to sign him for just £7m I’ll never know, he’s such an underrated player, money talks. I have nothing to back this up but I’d bet Burn is on a more than decent wage at Newcastle 

Looks like he was on the verge of tears at thought of playing CL football. Was his dream since his days playing barefoot outside. Gotta respect it. FWIW I think he's gonna smash it there like Bentancur has. They'd make a great double pivot.

• Like 2

Should this not move to “Other Football”?

Incidentally, to those experts saying Bissouma is overrated, doesn’t that sound like what people were saying about Bentancur? Spurs snapped him up and Conte has used him very effectively. I suspect the Bissouma story is going the same way.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What Useless said, I’m not here to point score Zatman, how Eddie Howe managed to sign him for just £7m I’ll never know, he’s such an underrated player, money talks. I have nothing to back this up but I’d bet Burn is on a more than decent wage at Newcastle 

He was 13 million and a boyhood Newcastle fan

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, useless said:

Dan Burn played in thirteen of Brighton's twenty-three games before he went to Newcastle, of the ten games he didn't play he was injured for six of those,  he actually played the full 90 minutes of the last eight games he was available for Brighton.

In other words for Brighton he was available for seventeen games and he played thirteen of those, most of them the full 90 minutes as well.

Brighton fans at the time were bemused that they let him go, and thought they should have got a bigger transfer fee.

I can assure you Dan Burn was not a first choice defender, and he was not rated highly amongst the Brighton fans, almost one of those players the fans considered a bit of a hindrance when in the team. 

You can assure me all you like, but Burn played in thirteen of the seventeen games he was available for this season, and he played twenty-seven games last season, and most of those appearances were for the full 90 minutes.

So this idea that he hardly played and Brighton did amazingly well to get the money they got for him just isn't true, he was a regular in their first team, that can't be denied

Also I didn't say Brighton fans rated him, I've no idea about that, but had a look on their forum at the time they sold him, and most were bemused that they let him go and for as cheap as they did, and why wouldn't they, he'd played the full 90 minutes of the previous eight games, it makes perfect sense that they'd be confused.

47 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Surely this must be a comedy post?! You were the biggest advocate for signing Bissouma until you realised he was going elsewhere. Now you act like a guy who has tried to chat up the fittest girl in the pub and got rejected as you were walking up to talk to her 😂

• Haha 2

Â