Yves Bissouma

Corleone

Given how quickly we’ve managed to get deals completed so far, and the fact that we had a bid turned down in January, if we were going to sign Bissouma I would’ve thought that a deal for him would be one of the easier ones to complete.

Suggests that the biggest hold-up is from the player himself, which makes sense.

I don’t think this one will happen, but as long as we bring in another quality CM that’s fine.

• Like 1

It's not in the interests of Brighton to get a deal done quickly. Also the player might be on multiple lists for Champions League clubs but like 3rd on them. So if those clubs miss their primary targets they may turn to him later in the window. I think Arsenal or Spurs seem obvious teams who would come in for him later in the window.

11 hours ago, a m ole said:

His conditional bail was up today, so remains to be seen if it was renewed or not.

Most recent news:

https://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2022/04/06/brighton-and-hove-albion-footballer-remains-under-investigation-in-sex-attack-case/

The conditional bail that was up yesterday was the 40 year old and not Bissouma. Bissouma's bail ended before he travelled to the African cup of Nations back in Jan. He is no longer on bail and is only under investigation. Until the case is closed he will continue to be under investigation as he was present at the time the alleged incident occurred.  

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm beginning to think he has a bit of a ego, an is waiting to see if a bigger clubs com in for him, either him or his agent. 

It's what most players should be doing. Trying to get what's best for their careers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm beginning to think he has a bit of a ego, an is waiting to see if a bigger clubs com in for him, either him or his agent. 

Beginning? 

He has modestly claimed to be the best midfielder in the league 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Beginning? 

He has modestly claimed to be the best midfielder in the league 😂

At least we know that he won't be lacking confidence if he comes but he's not even Mali's best midfielder.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

It's what most players should be doing. Trying to get what's best for their careers.

Yep, but it has to be based in reality and not just the club name but what role is envisioned for you there.

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

During a transfer window, and particularly for a 25 year old, it would be naive and ill advised if he didn't assess all options to him for where we can move to. Also, the more interest in him the more leverage he has to command a higher wage. It doesn't mean he has a bit of an ego or that his agent has. It means he is sensible. 

27 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

So what’s the news, is he a rapist or not?

I don't believe the alleged offence is rape, from what I read it is pinching a girl's arse at the bar in the nightclub. It also appears that there is no evidence against him other than being present at the time of the alleged pinch. He was arrested and released and is not on bail. He is under investigation but I would assume everyone present at the nightclub who was within an arm's reach of the arse in question is also under investigation. However, the 40 year old man who was also arrested has been released on bail following the initial investigation so the police must believe there is some evidence against him, whether that is circumstantial or actual is unknown.

34 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I don't believe the alleged offence is rape, from what I read it is pinching a girl's arse at the bar in the nightclub. It also appears that there is no evidence against him other than being present at the time of the alleged pinch. He was arrested and released and is not on bail. He is under investigation but I would assume everyone present at the nightclub who was within an arm's reach of the arse in question is also under investigation. However, the 40 year old man who was also arrested has been released on bail following the initial investigation so the police must believe there is some evidence against him, whether that is circumstantial or actual is unknown.

It was ‘suspicion of sexual assault’ and yes he is on conditional bail, or at least was until yesterday when it was likely renewed.

Still not entirely sure whether Bissouma is the right player for us anyway, he plays as a defensive midfielder for Brighton, and his passing stats suggest he offers very little creativity,

As a "6" he made a lot of sense, as he's comfortable on the ball but excellent defensively so he's like the perfect combination of Nakamba (good defensively but poor on the ball) and Luiz (good on the ball but poor defensively), but as we've already signed Kamara to fill that spot I'm not sure where that leaves our interest in Bissouma. There must be more proven number 8's around than Brighton's most defensive midfielder?

Personally I don't see Luiz as a number 8 either, to play in that role you have to be able to some of the midfield graft but also be dynamic and have a bit of technical ability and creativity to link the play between the defensive units and the attacking units. Looking at our current players I think Ramsey is the perfect player for that role, whereas Luiz is a bit too slow and although he's a decent passer of the ball doesn't really have enough creativity in the final third - someone more defensive than Luiz doesn't seem like they'd be the right fit to be honest, and at a cost of £30m+ I feel like there would possibly be better players to suit the system. 

• Like 1

Â