Yves Bissouma

Corleone

1 minute ago, El-Reacho said:

Wonder is the plan to bring in Bissouma to put Coutinho beside him in the midfield as two No.8s with Kamara in front of the defence, which gets Buendia and Countinho on the pitch together? 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El-Reacho said:

Wonder is the plan to bring in Bissouma to put Coutinho beside him in the midfield as two No.8s with Kamara in front of the defence, which gets Buendia and Countinho on the pitch together? 

2 Coutinhos? 
giphy.gif?cid=5e214886qzrqgfr0vgdr0omnqo

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I doubt it. Gerrard will want to have at least one of McGinn and Ramsey on the pitch (probably both), and Coutinho as high up the pitch as possible.

If we sign Bissouma I imagine he’ll be a box-to-box centre mid alongside Ramsey with Kamara as DM.

we could then have options of playing both Coutinho and Buendia with a lone striker or one of them with 2 strikers.

That midfield would give us a great attacking platform whilst protecting the defence too. 

• Like 4

Coutinho is not an 8 in my opinion. Mind you, neither is McGinn. Ramsey is the future of course, but he tailed off quite noticeably towards the end of last season, even before the injury.
There's nothing alarming in that, he's very young and you cant expect top level consistency from him yet. However, with better options you can take him out of the firing line more often and make his development more organic. The same is true for Iroebugnam to an extent. I see him as Kamara's understudy now.

Anyway, I think its key we find a way to get Buendia and Coutinho in the side ahead of a midfield 3 with high workrate, hence Bissouma making sense. The signings we've made so far all point to retaining and using the ball more, along with high mobility, and I think our remaining targets will follow a similar pattern. Music to my ears. This is also why I no longer see McGinn as a starter. Bissouma (or somebody like him) fits the bill more.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

What's that?

The guy who signed Bissouma for Brighton will inevitably sign him for newcastle 

I dunno if he plays the same role as bruno which might mean that they don't 

The bigger problem is that ashworth didn't actually sign Bissouma... He was there before ashworth was 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The guy who signed Bissouma for Brighton will inevitably sign him for newcastle 

I dunno if he plays the same role as bruno which might mean that they don't 

The bigger problem is that ashworth didn't actually sign Bissouma... He was there before ashworth was 

I’m confused, what does this mean?   

Bissouma will or won’t sign for Newcastle?

Â