Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I can’t understand the lack of support he enjoys on here. I get that he was signed by Gerrard, he’s past his best and financially he’s a bit of a burden.

BUT. He has been nothing but a professional since arriving and when he first arrived he was absolutely on fire. He’s been working extremely hard to get back and if anyone can get the best out of him it’s Emery. Ok fine maybe that might not happen, but it might well do! So why not support him and try to help him achieve a renaissance? If it doesn’t happen then it is what it is and we move on, but whilst he is here I don’t know why we wouldn’t be pushing him to be peak Coutinho. 

He gets full support.

When has he not been supported at games?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Will be very handy, esp in Europe

Yes, whilst the PL might be a little too fast for him nowadays, he’ll get the time on the ball in Europe to show his magic.

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

He needs to find his passion for the game again. His body language and facial expressions appear to me to be kind of unenthusiastic, and then you see that in his play. No hunger or desire. It's like he's lost his mojo. If Emery and these new signings help stoke his inner fire, then we might see a different player. Time will tell. 

Completely disagree. His attitude has been exemplary imo. He just suffered from constant injury in time Emery has been here. That means he's not there training taking on the information and practicing the game play Emery has. Plus he got injured immediatley after he got back into the team and finished off our goal of the season and didn't play again. 

If Emery can get him firing and he starts the season well he can be a big asset to us. Especially as he's one with lots of European experience 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sne said:

Since that knee injury in late 2020 he's managed 11 goals and 5 assist in total all competitions. He's struggled to stay fit or get into the team and he's clearly lost a step or 5 and he struggles to get past his opponents.

Not faulting his attitude or his technical ability, but I do question his ability to get back to anything even close to what he was before that injury.

Did he completely total his knee?

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Did he completely total his knee?

Outer Meniscus Rupture, he was out for 220 days or so. Don't know enough about these things to made a diagnosis of his ability to get back to form but he sure doesn't play like he used to.

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Outer Meniscus Rupture, he was out for 220 days or so. Don't know enough about these things to made a diagnosis of his ability to get back to form but he sure doesn't play like he used to.

You would have hoped the medical team would know if his physical ability permentaly damaged before signing him ffs

• Like 1

12 hours ago, maqroll said:

He needs to find his passion for the game again. His body language and facial expressions appear to me to be kind of unenthusiastic, and then you see that in his play. No hunger or desire. It's like he's lost his mojo. If Emery and these new signings help stoke his inner fire, then we might see a different player. Time will tell. 

I think that’s a lazy way or fashionable of describing a player low confidence and out of form. I don’t think there’s any question about his attitude he’s as humble as they come the question is his body physically up for it at this level.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I want him to stay and come on form. But he's a Saudi signing all day long, an I'm surprised an offer hasn't come in already from Gerrard and the crew.

I'd say even slippy knows he's finished. We'll end up paying him to go to some Brazilian team. 

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I want him to stay and come on form. But he's a Saudi signing all day long, an I'm surprised an offer hasn't come in already from Gerrard and the crew.

Because any team a threat to Chelsea or Newcastle won't be given Saudi money. We're playing a fixed game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He gets full support.

When has he not been supported at games?

The OP literally states "I can’t understand the lack of support he enjoys on here

14 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Agreed...

In pictures and videos he's looking ripped too.

Coutinho might be a weapon this season. Hopefully.

He's deffo a massive weapon, anyone who contrives to waste the amount of talent he has would have to be ;)

Joking aside I'm hoping he and buendia will compete for the 10 spot and bring out the best in each other.

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The OP literally states "I can’t understand the lack of support he enjoys on here

My bad @Spoony, scanned over it.

I would say though that any support or lack of support on villatalk.com bears no resemblance to support at games, where it matters, and it's unreservedly positive. Even stalwarts like McGinn and Mings have had far more stick than Coutinho since he joined.

Poor signings like him and Digne mean we can't extend players of use like Watkins. The quicker they're out the door, the better.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

My bad @Spoony, scanned over it.

I would say though that any support or lack of support on villatalk.com bears no resemblance to support at games, where it matters, and it's unreservedly positive. Even stalwarts like McGinn and Mings have had far more stick than Coutinho since he joined.

Poor signings like him and Digne mean we can't extend players of use like Watkins. The quicker they're out the door, the better.

Unless you’re Bailey. He doesn’t get support on here or at the ground. 

I can see Coutinho going to Saudi. He is still a high profile name.

Â