Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

34 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

True but I'm sure emery has more than one way of playing. Master this set of tactics and then move on to another set ? That way we are even less predictable?

That's why he needs to stay here for a good 4 plus years, if we continue to get around 2 ppg I can see him wanting to stay for a good while.

I can see a scenario, where he might take a different role, when he is tired of the rigours of day to day football....(not any time soon, but long term)

something like a consultant or floating director of football....to guide Vitoria, Zed, womens football, Las Vegas or any other new verture NSWE partake.

He is such a diamond....I can see him stay with V Sports, in another capacity, if he so chooses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I can see a scenario, where he might take a different role, when he is tired of the rigours of day to day football....(not any time soon, but long term)

something like a consultant or floating director of football....to guide Vitoria, Zed, womens football, Las Vegas or any other new verture NSWE partake.

He is such a diamond....I can see him stay with V Sports, in another capacity, if he so chooses.

I recall home saying his son told him to take the villa job ?

Ideal thing to do would be try and get his son involved as much as possible, and his wife so they too feel part of the villa family. Little things like that to make them feel they can settle for a good time in the area and feel wanted and welcomed.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I recall home saying his son told him to take the villa job ?

Ideal thing to do would be try and get his son involved as much as possible, and his wife so they too feel part of the villa family. Little things like that to make them feel they can settle for a good time in the area and feel wanted and welcomed.

https://www.astonvillanews.co.uk/2022/10/26/guillem-balague-unai-emery-was-urged-to-take-the-aston-villa-job-by-his-son/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I played 5 a side for years at decent level and he doesn't do enough off the ball to make me think he would be fantastic. You can't hide in 5 a side

That's hilarious mate 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I played 5 a side for years at decent level and he doesn't do enough off the ball to make me think he would be fantastic. You can't hide in 5 a side

Wait so...one of the most recruited and decorated international footballers of the past decade couldn't compete in 5 a side against us regular Joe's? 

Have you been on a crack pipe or something? Yes he's largely disappointed at villa so far but that is a spectacularly insane statement.

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Wait so...one of the most recruited and decorated international footballers of the past decade couldn't compete in 5 a side against us regular Joe's? 

Have you been on a crack pipe or something? Yes he's largely disappointed at villa so far but that is a spectacularly insane statement.

He would murder every single one of our squad in a 5 a side apart from maybe Buendia. While he seemingly cannot dominate a game anymore due to fitness / age / determination/ bad luck  his close control would be impossible to deal with.  Every Villa player when asked says Coutinho when they want to know the most skillful. 

Would love to watch him play Kiwi. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, duke313 said:

Coutinho has probably the best vision and passing in the squad, probably only player that comes close is Doug. 

Agreed, and Dougie has improved under the guidance of Coutinho as well.

Edited by mikeyp102

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Agreed, and Dougie has improved under the guidance of Coutinho as well.

Hmmm...Dougie's vision has always been superb.

That assist away at Brighton in his first season...beautiful.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He would murder every single one of our squad in a 5 a side apart from maybe Buendia. While he seemingly cannot dominate a game anymore due to fitness / age / determination/ bad luck  his close control would be impossible to deal with.  Every Villa player when asked says Coutinho when they want to know the most skillful. 

Would love to watch him play Kiwi. 

Talented player no doubt, but can he do it on a cold Tuesday evening at powerleague?

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

One of the highest fees ever paid for a footballer & I've had yo go 3 pages back to find him 🤦‍♂️ anyhows been back in training since Monday so should seem him back on the bench tomorrow 💪

On 20/04/2023 at 11:56, Kiwivillan said:

Sorry, but this is one of the funniest things I have ever read.

• Haha 3

Â