Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Emery tried to indulge Ozil a fair bit at Arsenal and probably regrets that now.

I've brought it up before.

Very similar situation.

Unai won't make the same mistake again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Why are people willing to let all the other players return to form and not give Coutinho a chance. Our bench was odd, only 1 attacking player there in Ings. I'm sure he was ill

It's because he's been abject and his body language is that of a defeated eldery table tennis player.

If it doesn't work out for him under Emery, he could still be a good investment for NSWE because he could become the statement signing at Las Vegas Villains in a year or two.

But I still think he'll have a part to play here anyway - with better off-the-ball movement from the rest of the team hopefully he can find his mojo again.

Great players don't suddenly become crap. He has always been quality, he's shown here had it in him a times since he's been here, and I'd still love to see him get back into form and start killing it for us. If anyone can do that for him, it's Unai Emery.

Bottom line: every player who plays in a Villa shirt has my backing 100%, no exceptions.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Great players don't suddenly become crap. He has always been quality, he's shown here had it in him a times since he's been here, and I'd still love to see him get back into form and start killing it for us. If anyone can do that for him, it's Unai Emery.

Bottom line: every player who plays in a Villa shirt has my backing 100%, no exceptions.

He hasn't suddenly become crap. He was largely poor last season. He's 'suddenly become crap' over the past 4 years month by month.

Nobody played well over the last 11 months. Coutinho started well but the Gerrard effect slowly dragged him down. The difference that having a proper coach, no matter how much natural talent a player has, was there for all to see today. I hope he can get fit and show us what we briefly saw before last Christmas. The Emery effect is the absolute polar opposite of the Gerrard effect. Let’s hope that works for everyone especially £125k a week luxury players. 

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think that's bollocks, he took a payout especially to play for Gerrard.  I'm pretty sure a few other teams would have taken him on the same terms if they could but he'd set his sights on us.  Anyone writing him off now under Emery is an idiot.

He took a pay cut for a 4 year deal which pretty much pays him a similar salary considering it was his last year at Barcelona

59 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Nobody played well over the last 11 months. Coutinho started well but the Gerrard effect slowly dragged him down. The difference that having a proper coach, no matter how much natural talent a player has, was there for all to see today. I hope he can get fit and show us what we briefly saw before last Christmas. The Emery effect is the absolute polar opposite of the Gerrard effect. Let’s hope that works for everyone especially £125k a week luxury players. 

Totally agree, Coutinho as a 10 inside a system that will give him a couple of easy passes and runners in front and wide as options will be our best chance of getting the most out of him. Looks like Emery will improve our players based on today's outing at least, he's also had the whole Ozil thing at Arsenal so if Coutinho gets a monk on I bet Emery will know what to do with him for the good of the group too.

Â