Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

The venom on display here. I'll never understand why people like Gabby feel the need to moralise sport, as if Coutinho committed some kind of sin in his bad form, or acted as a malingerer. It's really quite abusive. Or maybe it's just the Sun context, but Jesus.   

Elsewhere, former Aston Villa star Gabriel Agbonlahor has slammed Phillippe Countinho's form this season.

Agbonlahor believes Coutinho; should apologise to Steven Gerrard over his sacking as the Liverpool legend put a lot of faith into him.

The phrasing Gabby used "elsewhere" was:

“Coutinho owes Gerrard an apology for the way he performed, Gerrard backed him.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

The venom on display here. I'll never understand why people like Gabby feel the need to moralise sport, as if Coutinho committed some kind of sin in his bad form, or acted as a malingerer. It's really quite abusive. Or maybe it's just the Sun context, but Jesus.   

The phrasing Gabby used "elsewhere" was:

the same Gabby who played his heart out under managers like Garde and Houllier and who passionately fought for our survival in the relegation season

Makes himself out to be some Roy Keane type character when he played

Well, Gabby has some front for criticising Phil, for his performances, with him scoring 3 goals over 3 seasons and 38 games, and getting paid handsomely for the priviledge...........talk about double standards.

I feel, a bit for Phil......pure talent, but questionable application.

I think maybe the Prem is too aggressive for him.

Unai will know what to do with him, leave it to him to sort out.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, thabucks said:

Gabby can do one frankly, as he of all people needs to shut the **** up about footballers stealing a living…

Coutihno hasn’t stunk out the place and could now come good again after Gerrard’s 1980’s computer football game tactics of pass forwards/backward - left/right. To modern day FIFA/PRO EVO in Emery 

couldn't agree more.

Gabby is clearly suffering from amnesia....."Mr Aston Villa" as some of his playing mates called him, has a delusional view of his twighlight seasons at Villa.

My advice Gabs is keep schtum on players, stealing a living....folk with a good memory, might be laughing at the irony.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Well, Gabby has some front for criticising Phil, for his performances, with him scoring 3 goals over 3 seasons and 38 games, and getting paid handsomely for the priviledge...........talk about double standards.

I feel, a bit for Phil......pure talent, but questionable application.

I think maybe the Prem is too aggressive for him.

Unai will know what to do with him, leave it to him to sort out.

i dont doubt Couts' talent, but i do wonder if he will be to Emery's liking, i think Buendia is probably close to an Emery type player?

will be interesting to see what Emery makes of the squad.

If he picks McGinn im gonna cry tho.

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Talk on Le Twit about Phil being shipped out in January. 

I wouldn't mind, but we'd likely have to eat a bug chunk of his contract. 

You'd think he's worth a chance playing the Buendia role in the 4-2-3-1 at some stage.  Seems a bit early to write him off to me.

• Like 1

People need to remember he got 5 goals and 3 assists in 19 games last season. 0.54 goal contributions.

Gerrard had no attacking structures, he wanted isolated forward players to have "moments". People are lazy in deriding Coutinho and McGinn bcause they were Gerrards go to players in a failed system. 

Coutinho needs his confidence restored and needs to be coached in a system that works. Emery will do that and if he gets the Coutinho from the first 3 months at Villa back then we are going to be exceptional 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Talk on Le Twit about Phil being shipped out in January. 

I wouldn't mind, but we'd likely have to eat a bug chunk of his contract. 

First thing I thought when Gerrard was sacked was that PC would push for a move.

It hasn’t worked for him at Villa, and no longer has the main reason he came.

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i dont doubt Couts' talent, but i do wonder if he will be to Emery's liking, i think Buendia is probably close to an Emery type player?

will be interesting to see what Emery makes of the squad.

If he picks McGinn im gonna cry tho.

I agree....but we have to leave it to him, to find his way around the squad.

I feel more confident now, the balance of the team, will be addressed, and focused on.

Its great, having great players, but that has to manifest itself in to a team.....Teams win games.

sometimes, the odd lesser talented player, can have a better affect on a team, its a paradox, but true.

I feel confident, he will be able to judge, this.

Let's be realistic people.

Coutinho didn't leave Barcelona to be back up for a player we bought from Norwich.

Emi starts and Emi should be backed to the hilt now as our record signing and brilliant character and engine that he is.

Coutinho should not have been signed. He's not here to "fight it out"

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

People need to remember he got 5 goals and 3 assists in 19 games last season. 0.54 goal contributions.

Gerrard had no attacking structures, he wanted isolated forward players to have "moments". People are lazy in deriding Coutinho and McGinn bcause they were Gerrards go to players in a failed system. 

Coutinho needs his confidence restored and needs to be coached in a system that works. Emery will do that and if he gets the Coutinho from the first 3 months at Villa back then we are going to be exceptional 

For me, every player gets a clean slate. Need to see if they can work in a system that actually works and is better coached.  If not we move them on.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

First thing I thought when Gerrard was sacked was that PC would push for a move.

It hasn’t worked for him at Villa, and no longer has the main reason he came.

He seems to get on quite well with the other South American though, always in their social media photos.  

You have to feel for Phil. Followed his good mate Gerrard to an unfashionable club with the lure of playing every game only to see his form nose dive and his mate sacked within 3 months and an uncertain future under the new manager whose system does not seem to suit his style. I actually really like him as person and player so I hope he stays and fits into the new system but you have to say it is another calamitous move in his career so far.

Edited by mikeyjavfc

He still has talent and by all accounts is a good pro. 

He'll have to get used to a reduced role but he still offers something. 

Maybe Emery can help get a tune out of him. Nobody was made better playing in Gerrard's ludicrous system. 

Hard for a playmaker to make play when there's no space to play in. 

Â