Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

All depends on the salary which we will never know I guess.

Free isn't exactly a bargain if he's picking up upwards of 10m a year as he looks to be physically declining by the week.

You know what. You might be right there. Bang out of form for the best part of 2 months. Not too bad as a super sub tho. 

• Like 1

Presumably we’ll pay off a higher chunk of his remaining Barcelona contract to compensate for the lower fee, but nonetheless a great signing and seems like it’s on our terms not the other clubs for a change 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

All depends on the salary which we will never know I guess.

Free isn't exactly a bargain if he's picking up upwards of 10m a year as he looks to be physically declining by the week.

Nah even at £10m a year it's £190k a week and I'm good with that.

Steal. So excited if this goes through as described.

46 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Hasn't their output been about half of Grealish's too? Genuine question! (Talking about Grealish last year)

Edited by Rolta
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

This is a big signing for Villa, arguably the most gifted player we've seen for decades.

Did anyone see the training ground video of Coutinho and Luiz pinging the ball at each other? Sublime.

Again, a good preseason for Villa, Gerrard and Coutinho will all help us improve next season.

Statement signing and one other potential transfer targets will notice around the world.

Fasten your seatbelts!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Hasn't their output been about half of Grealish's too? Genuine question!

Eh? I believe and don’t quote me but I think both individually this season have better stats than Grealish.  I’m sure somebody has the stats and Coutinho only got here in January.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Eh? I believe and don’t quote me but I think both individually this season have better stats than Grealish.  I’m sure somebody has the stats and Coutinho only got here in January.

Coutinho 15 matches, 4 goals, 3 assists.

Yup better than you know who!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Wonder if this will help Dougie decide his future is here (assuming the brass do too)

Was thinking the same thing.

If we keep Luiz we almost certainly lose Carney though as he'll want to play an 8 to stay.

But keeping Luiz is better than losing both

Edited by HalfTimePost

A no brainer signing, he's been quiet recently but on the whole he's been in a class of his own since joining.

Once we finally get a DM, a few other better players around him who are on the same wavelength, he will be a big, big player for us.

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Grealish for us I meant. I should have been more clear.

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We signed Scott Hogan for 14 mill, McCormack for 12, for context 🤦🏿

I suppose this shows what Purslow and Lange do,  compare that to what Xia and Wynnes did 😂😂

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Would he be open to flying to Barcelona then flying back to Birmingham and stay at the Belfry so we can track him and make this feel like a new signing?

Belfry!?! When there's Julie's basement to stay in. Unless she's yet to release Enda Stephens and Jermaine Defoe.

Â