Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

3 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Can't help but think that if Arsenal make that 4th spot, which looks likely, they'll put a tempter bid in for him. London, Champions League? Or Steven Gerrard and 'a right good go at the top 8'?

I think people are just getting paranoid now. Arsenal have Odegaard and Martinelli. I can’t see them chucking 34 mill at 30 year old Coutinho.

Can we not just enjoy him and see how it goes? If he plays every game like Saturday, we’ll be in a great place to attract talent even cos we’ll have finished in the top ten. If he doesn’t then, I would bet it’s us who have the decision to make, not him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

I think people are just getting paranoid now. Arsenal have Odegaard and Martinelli. I can’t see them chucking 34 mill at 30 year old Coutinho.

Can we not just enjoy him and see how it goes? If he plays every game like Saturday, we’ll be in a great place to attract talent even cos we’ll have finished in the top ten. If he doesn’t then, I would bet it’s us who have the decision to make, not him.

You're asking me to enjoy watching the Villa!?

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Can't help but think that if Arsenal make that 4th spot, which looks likely, they'll put a tempter bid in for him. London, Champions League? Or Steven Gerrard and 'a right good go at the top 8'?

I think Coutinho has been burnt a bit by Barca/Bayern to be honest.  If he's "happy" here, I think he'd "happily" sign for us permanently rather than seeking somewhere else.

15 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Smith Rowe as well

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think Coutinho has been burnt a bit by Barca/Bayern to be honest.  If he's "happy" here, I think he'd "happily" sign for us permanently rather than seeking somewhere else.

He has also won the Champions League and a few league titles. He isnt desperate now for medals either. Pretty sure he wants to get to the World Cup and thats his goal 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has also won the Champions League and a few league titles. He isnt desperate now for medals either. Pretty sure he wants to get to the World Cup and thats his goal 

And he sees Luiz getting in the Brazil side here anyway, so not a hindrance.

just been laughing at Chris Suttons comments on Phil.....

so according to Chris, Phil has to single handedly get us in to Europe next season.....before he is convinced, its a good signing.

How do they get these jobs?

Phil is not only showing what a special talent he is......he is dragging some of our players with him, their belief as risen too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Just a thought do we have to wait until the end of the season to activate the buy clause? Might be worth going yep your still decent let’s get this wrapped up. It’s good for him it’s good for us win win

I would imagine it could be done at any point providing Barcelona are willing to discuss it right now. 

15 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Just a thought do we have to wait until the end of the season to activate the buy clause? Might be worth going yep your still decent let’s get this wrapped up. It’s good for him it’s good for us win win

We're out of the transfer window now so I assume it can't be finalised until it opens again?

Thats just a guess. 

Just now, TRO said:

just been laughing at Chris Suttons comments on Phil.....

so according to Chris, Phil has to single handedly get us in to Europe next season.....before he is convinced, its a good signing.

How do they get these jobs?

Phil is not only showing what a special talent he is......he is dragging some of our players with him, their belief as risen too.

I listened to this too. I think Sutton plays a bit on his quarrelsome, contrary image, and actually think he's pretty good at his role on the radio. There's plenty of ex-pro's I roll my eyes at when I hear they're on instead of someone else, like Dion Dublin, sadly, who comes out with such insight as, "Well I think Messi is world class,"  and my ears start to hurt with the blandness of it all. This is where I despair at people given a role they clearly have no aptitude for, instead of a sports journalist, say; people who are paid to be informed on the subject at hand.

• Like 2

Â