Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

One of those players I hate playing against. Even when he overruns it or bundles into people or gets tackled he still ends up with the ball. It always bounces into his path. How? Why?

Like Suarez there must be a skill to it but what is it? Because it never works for me.

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

One of those players I hate playing against. Even when he overruns it or bundles into people or gets tackled he still ends up with the ball. It always bounces into his path. How? Why?

Like Suarez there must be a skill to it but what is it? Because it never works for me.

You sound like me and I put my problem down to the fact that I’m right footed but have two left feet!

5 hours ago, Xela said:

20 odd years after missing out on Juninho, it is wonderful to finally see a world class Brazilian play at '10' at VP.

Magician. 

And 9 years after missing out on him the first time don't forget.

He's genuinely world class still.

• Like 1

If we're honest we will certainly have some competition to keep him. A few things in our favour though:

1. The Gerrard connection.

2. We've got him enjoying football again and we're building a side around his strengths

3. A strong South American contingent. In Gerrards book he references the strength of these relationships for the south Americans, particularly in helping the family settle.

4. Sell him the dream and show him the others we want to add.

It might not be enough and if not then hopefully we'll have enjoyed one hell of a 6 month spell.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If he's still playing with a smile on his face by the seasons over and has continued to impress, there's no doubt in my mind we'll make it permanent. 

I suspect at this stage of his career he's more interested in enjoying football again and to try and win something at International level rather than strive to compete in competitions he's already won. but could be wrong. 

I get the same feeling. He'll get paid well enough with us that this shouldn't be the only motivator. Enjoying work is important too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If he's still playing with a smile on his face by the seasons over and has continued to impress, there's no doubt in my mind we'll make it permanent. 

I suspect at this stage of his career he's more interested in enjoying football again and to try and win something at International level rather than strive to compete in competitions he's already won. but could be wrong. 

This is what I think. He’s won everything at club level, sure it would be nice for him to win more but if he was as miserable as reported at Barca and has now started to feel happy, confident  and appreciated again, playing for a manager who is also a friend at a decent club in one of the best leagues in the world then he has a lot to be grateful for.

Plus, and a big plus, personal performance and game time will be everything to him in the run up to the World Cup. I actually think he’d be a bit mad to push for a move to a different club if he’s settled and playing well here.

And I’ve said before, yes we have the option to buy but no way are we triggering that if he doesn’t want to stay. I think he will though.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

What is the story? Don’t actually know much about what went wrong for him there.

Bought a player they didn't need with money they didn't have in a string of poorly scouted / managed high profile "look at us biggest team in the world" Billy big bollock signings after they lost neymar, chopped and changed his role, chopped and changed managers, shambles behind the scene, rumours that they didn't play him because it would result in them paying Liverpool more money, got injured, fell behind teenagers in the pecking order (some of them damn good teenagers to be fair) 

He's not the only one who did the same thing, Griezmann is the same, it'll be interesting to see where dembele ends up

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

5) we just need to activate the option to buy clause and he's ours. 

Is he?

When players have options or even obligations to purchase when you take them on loan does the player and club thrash out a binding contract should the club trigger the option/obligation to buy the player?

I doubt it.

Having said that I do think he would sign for us.

Â